Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well that just socks

Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 373 Crazy Baller
As i am looking at MORE SNOW here in Mass. I am wondering if anyone uses wetsuit socks and if so...any recommendations?

Comments

• ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,599 Crazy Baller
    edited April 16
    Depends on your boots/liners. Almost impossible to wear extra in rubber. With dbl vapor boots and liners my feet are ok. With dbl HO XMax I used to wear a pair of Nike Dryfits for a tiny bit of psychological warmth.
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 373 Crazy Baller
    Fair point...I use Radar boot in the front and Radar RTP
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,545 Mega Baller
    I am not nearly that tough. I wait until it is warm enough to not need socks.
    Mark Shaffer
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,032 Mega Baller
    We just wear our snow boots on the water when it is snowing
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • fu_manfu_man Posts: 371 Solid Baller
    I can't remember which brand I got. Maybe from a diving/surfing website? They work OK but as @ALPJr said they will not go into rubber Wileys. They fit nicely into my Radar Profile front. Its a little tricky jamming it into the RTP because I put the sandpaper stair-tread stuff in there so my foot doesn't slip. It is also a bit snug, but it works OK. If it is that cold you probably aren't going after a PB.
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,032 Mega Baller
    I was ready to see a pic of @eleeski wearing sandals
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 373 Crazy Baller
    @Chef23 I would probably wear them until the water hits 80 :)
  • dhofertdhofert Posts: 202 Baller
    I did use some last year I got from @perfski but I had my old ho blast ski. It has not even been nice enough to try them with my vector boot so I cant really be much help.
  • JmoskiJmoski Posts: 235 Baller
    #3 in the top ten signs the water is frigid:

The skier is holding the handle up with both hands out of the water while waiting for the boat to line up!
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 1,837
    Most Dive Shops sell thin rubber booties that work really well under liners for hardshells. Won't work with rubber to rubber at all.
    Loving the Reflex Supershell with R Style Rear !!!