Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No more tournaments for me

Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
I believe I skied my last tournament round last fall. Ah well. What can you do? Maybe I’ll get lucky and get another shot sometime.
Jim Ross
livie

Comments

• Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    Highly unpredictable @Than_Bogan Lots of unpredictable ups and downs. Trying to figure out what I can and can’t do
    Jim Ross
    I think you all know I lost all of my left peripheral vision in my November surgery and can no longer drive a car. Obviously this also impacts other activities. We will see
    Jim Ross
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 374 Crazy Baller
    I didn't know that :( My Mom passed away from Glioblastoma last year...I know what a hard bumpy road this is and hope you can still find a way to enjoy the sport you love.
  • jayskijayski Posts: 603 Crazy Baller
    @Razorskier1 one eye is still good enough to ski, there is an Italian guy that skis with Tgas that is blind and runs the course, pretty amazing. No reason to throw in that towel yet!
    Impacts can be an issue.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,548 Mega Baller
    @Razorskier1 glad you are still here with us. We have a guy we ski [email protected] who skied one season with a patch on one eye due to some double vision issues he was having. Remembers that for motivation as you get stronger.
    Mark Shaffer
  • dvskierdvskier Posts: 286 Baller
    Hey Jim the FAA examiner for my private license only had one eye due to an accident (non aviation related). He flew a J 3 Cub from MA to FL on several trips landing at remote gas stations to refuel along the way. He went on to earn Commercial, Instrument CFI and CFIi ratings. All can be overcome if the desire is strong. Reading of your marathon Ski sets I have no doubt that your desire is very strong. Keep the faith.
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,705 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Razorskier1 you have endured a lot and come a long way, just a suggestion but would it help if you got out on a pedal bike,to get used to your vision as it is now.
    Wishing you well always.

" Ski It Like You Mean It ! ”

• thagerthager Posts: 4,223 Mega Baller
    @Razorskier1 Hang in there Jim!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • MSMS Posts: 4,836 Mega Baller
    Every time I look at purple, you are on my mind. Hang tough
    Shut up and ski
  • shansen345shansen345 Posts: 165 Baller
    I'm sorry to hear that. Wish you the best.
    @6balls @Razorskier1 38 is easy when you think it’s 39.
    Shut up and ski
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,032 Mega Baller
    Jim, if you can, or want, you can come ski the Plantation about halfway between Ski Watch and Ski Chaste, any time. I’d be honored to pull you
  • A_BA_B Posts: 3,970 Mega Baller
    Throw big spray and wear an eye patch... chicks gotta dig that!
  • carlm6298carlm6298 Posts: 5 Baller
    I'm pulling for you !...kind of like a skier who wants to run the course for the first time...mentally and physically not easy....we want it sooo bad but know with a bit more time and help we will get to 6 ball and out the gates! Yesir
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 3,972 Mega Baller
    sorry to hear, we would have loved to have you and @RazorRoss3 back in the PNW again, and glad to just take ski rides for fun if you get out our way this season
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • customskicustomski Posts: 63 Baller
    Been thinking of you Jim, keep on fighting and know we all have you in our thoughts.
    Lets hope its not your last tournament
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,548 Mega Baller
    Keep after it Jim. Some days are a struggle.
    Mark Shaffer
    My Mom had GBM...one of the things her physical therapist always said was each day do something, because it's always better to do something than nothing. Her and I walked arm in arm almost every day because she was largely unable to walk on her own.

As you said...some days she really had to dig deep...her courage and strength inspired all of us who were there with her.

Keep it up!
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,770 Mega Baller
    Been thinking about you Jim. Keep it strong and press on in the fight.
    edited June 1
    Just got an update from @Razorskier1 and it’s not good. He is unable to ski now. I can’t even digest it and now I am thinking about how much I love to ski and what if it was me. Please up the thoughts and prayers for Jim and also take some time to reflect on the important things in life. Hang in there @Razorskier1 I am pulling out all the stops for you.
    Shut up and ski
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,599 Crazy Baller
    Pulling for you @Razorskier1 . Like @MS said, hang in there!
    In short I’m done skiing
    Jim Ross