Alabama Ski Scene

spartanskier10spartanskier10 Posts: 31 Baller
Graduating this spring and will be making the trek south from MI to the Fort Payne, AL area to start a full-time job. Looking for any recommendations, whether it be public or private lakes, to get some access to a course. Skied 4 years in college and you can sure bet I won’t be letting it go that easily! Thanks for any tips in advance!
DaveDDelonousMattP

Comments

• lkblkb Posts: 523 Baller
    I know somebody. Send me a private message.
    aupatkingspartanskier10
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 459 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @spartanskier10 beautiful area of the state around Ft. Payne! Great hiking trails at the state park there. You want to hook up with @chris_logan. There was a guy working on a ski lake in that area, don't know if it panned out or not. You can catch a ride with us near Birmingham if you get down this way.
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller
    chris_loganspartanskier10
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 925 Mega Baller
    @spartanskier10 I’m way further south, but if you ever head down to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach for vacation, you can always get a ride with me.
    spartanskier10
  • chris_loganchris_logan Posts: 352 Solid Baller
    @spartanskier10 shoot me a PM. You’re welcome to ski with me anytime, and I can get you some contact information on some of the other skiers in the area.
    Always looking for a pull... Will you be my boatdriver?
    spartanskier10Andre
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,005 Crazy Baller
    @lkb where you been dude? Are you skiing again?
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • lkblkb Posts: 523 Baller
    I’m always lurking. Skied more than ever last yr and...it caught up with me haha
    Shoulder surgery 11 weeks ago and finger surgery next week...at least i haven’t missed many ski days this yr since the weather has been so crappy
  • GarGar Posts: 196 Baller
    Alabama skiing rocks! What ever happened to Million dollar lake? Use to love watching jumping there and skiing slalom!
    ReggieO
  • EricEEricE Posts: 9 Baller
    There is a great site just outside of Fort Payne, going on our third year of skiing there. Set ups are a little tight, we are considering changing to an 8-ball course. Heard through the grapevine you will be working at my OpCo. When do you expect to get to FP?
    chris_logan