Metal Poles to Attach Bimini to Deck Instead of Nylon Straps

mkerziemkerzie Posts: 61 Baller
I've seen quite a few boats, especially promo boats, that have metal poles attaching the Bimini to the hull instead of the black nylon straps. I've seen some really nice ones that seem to 'press in' to flush mounted receivers on the deck. Are these coming from the factory or is this through an aftermarket channel. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• WayneWayne Posts: 408 Baller
    Companies like Taylor Made have been making stuff like that for the boat manufacturers for a long time. I’m sure there are other companies but that is the one that comes to mind and has that type of stuff in their product catalog.
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 3,956

can find on amazon, search "bimini top quick connectors"
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    mkerzie
  • Robbo5252Robbo5252 Posts: 6 Baller
    @RichardDoane thanks for sharing the Pic, I bent one of these on my Nautique & didn't know what to look up to replace it.
    Cheers
    Robbo
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,876
    edited April 18
    Mine came from the the factory on my new Response TXi.

- President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
  • colo_skiercolo_skier Posts: 766 Solid Baller
    @scotchipman Sweet looking boat. You do like red.
    Not sure I know what I am doing. The boat goes I follow. Trying to perfect the deep water start. Squirrel!
    scotchipman
  • mkerziemkerzie Posts: 61 Baller
    @RichardDoane These are exactly what I was referring to! Thank you
    RichardDoane
  • lakeaustinskierlakeaustinskier Posts: 324 Solid Baller
    I have these on my 200 and they are very cool. Much more modern than straps. BUT be very careful when you are connecting and disconnecting the ends into the receivers. It is very easy to slip and either scuff or scratch your gelcoat with the metal ends.
    Ted Thomson, Austin Texas, Aquaplex
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 321 Crazy Baller
    @scotchipman Just figured it out...BMW racing colors!
    scotchipman