Trick (Slippery) Slalom Record?

HortonHorton Posts: 24,479 Administrator
edited April 20 in Other Stuff
Every kid who has worked at a ski school has run some shortline on a trick ski at 18 to 22 mph. I assume more than a few skiers have run 41. What is the most anyone has seen at 43?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Barts / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / HO Syndicate

MasterCraft / Masterline / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

Comments

• keithh2oskierkeithh2oskier Posts: 336 Solid Baller
    I want to see some boat path video of anyone running 41 on a trick ski.
    Horton
  • HortonHorton Posts: 24,479 Administrator
    edited April 20
    @keithh2oskier i utilized the zero-based scoring rules a couple years ago and ran my slalom ride at 20 miles an hour. I think I ran 2 at 41 and to my complete surprise the boat path video was extremely good.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Barts / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / HO Syndicate

MasterCraft / Masterline / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

• eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,260 MM Trick Skier / Eccentric Person
    Kudos to @Horton . 2 at 41 is pretty awesome no matter how you get it.

BOS slippery slalom cash prize tournament coming soon? Set the record!

Eric
    Bruce_ButterfieldKrlee
  • IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 1,025 Crazy Baller
    Last summer I pulled Zane Nicholson to 4 or [email protected] on a trick ski, I am surprised I didn’t take out any buoys I’ve never been pulled around so much
    keithh2oskier
  • DWDW Posts: 1,681 Crazy Baller
    So, how much fun is it? I don't so would not know. If it is a blast, why not add it or make it official, might be a way to juice the sport a bit.
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 972 Mega Baller
    @DW How about requiring the same ski to be used for all events? I would naturally choose a trick ski, but it could lead to a design competition for the ultimate one ski to maximize overall.
    Is it time to ski, yet?
  • skibackwardsskibackwards Posts: 43 Baller
    When they were "young", Freddie Krueger and Jay Woodland (tricker only) would run the slalom course "together" (that is at the same time behind the boat) and run into very short line. It was amazing to see them work together around the buoys.
  • KrleeKrlee Posts: 484 Baller
    @horton this had to make @eleeski day, you starting a thread about trick skiing. Ok it is part slalom.

I know they were playing with it at some college events last year to add to the fun.
  • keithh2oskierkeithh2oskier Posts: 336 Solid Baller
    @DW slippery slalom is a lot of fun. Its exhausting and not easy on the back when I feel like your basically doing a deep water start out of every buoy but its hard not to laugh.
    HortonDWmmosley899gsm_peter
  • IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 1,025 Crazy Baller
    I have heard Brenda Baldwin say how much she thinks slippery slalom help Brooke’s actual slalom. You have to get on the front of that trick ski to make it turn, which helped her stay on the front of the slalom ski
    BG1Than_Bogan
  • Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,146 Mega Baller
    Slippery slalom is a blast but it is really hard not for the boat not to run over buoys when pulling a heavier skier at shorter lines.
    I think a better option is once you run 39, the boat speed should be increased.
    If it was easy, they would call it wakeboarding.
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 972 Mega Baller
    No need to increase speed, @Bruce_Butterfield ... you will be required to use your 52" trick ski.
    Is it time to ski, yet?
    Bruce_ButterfieldBroncoMike
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,247 Mega Baller
    Stephen say's you got to throw in at least 6 flips during the opening pass to make it legit.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

BG1eleeski