new fangled gizmos you are surprised HAVEN'T been tried yet

Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 321 Crazy Baller
Love the idea of the stuff that has been tried, every time I look at skis and snowboard I wonder...huh, I wonder when water skiing will try that?

The one I am surprised hasn't made it over yet is the Burton Channel. Theoretically infinitely adjustable (kind of like the sequence plate) and pulls from deeper in the board.

Comments

• S1PittsS1Pitts Posts: 93 Baller
    Ballistic Ejection Binding- Pull cord in event of crash.
    Keith Menard
  • braindamagebraindamage Posts: 109 Baller
    Rear end weight to reduce OTF crashes.
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 2,482 Mega Baller
    @S1Pitts gator mod ever?
    dchristman
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,107 Mega Baller
    Ski length extenders to give you a little more surface area at the tail of the ski.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,018 Mega Baller
    edited April 25
    @thager done by Schnitz in the 80's.
    http://schnitzskis.com/history.html
    Is it time to ski, yet?
    Keith Menard
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,107 Mega Baller
    Cool, but not exactly what I was thinking. No fin involved.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • pudgyskierpudgyskier Posts: 18 Baller
    There is a patent on magnetic snow ski bindings........ releasable any direction, adjust by strength of magnets, no need for a ski rack, unless you drive a corvette or something made out of aluminum
    Pudgy Baller
    jcampKeith Menard
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,018 Mega Baller
    edited April 25
    @pudgyskier I (unsuccessfully) tried that myself with some neodymium magnets. Sounds cool, but I've given up on that dream. It really hurts when you pinch your fingers between those things!
    Is it time to ski, yet?
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 754 Crazy Baller
    Slalom track. Ski lake without a boat. Just an underwater track with a pylon sticking up out of the water.
    ObrienslalomDacon62jcampBulldog
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 321 Crazy Baller
    @UWSkier That existed...Malibu invented it, but then had all the evidence destroyed...just like GM did to the electric car....Malibu uses GM engines...a coincidence? I. Think. Not.

#fakeconspiracytheories
    Obrienslalomthagerski6jonesUWSkier
  • S1PittsS1Pitts Posts: 93 Baller
    I once saw an article in a science mag about an engineer/waterskier who lived in Switzerland? Designed an under water tow machine electric powered on tracks to travel up and down the course with just a pylon extending. Seem to recall the driving force was no boats were allowed on that particular lake and it was difficult to get permits for those that did. Looked very impressive for the time which I think was the eighties.