Wetsuit

vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 166 Baller
I'm 6 ft 4 in. tall and only 180 pounds. That makes most clothes shopping a challenge. Does anyone have experience buying a full length wetsuit at that height and weight? I hate the guess, order, return, repeat method.

Comments

• ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,462 Crazy Baller
    O'Neill makes tall sizes. I'm 6'2" 170 and the medium-tall O'Neill Epic is perfect. I purchased it from @perfski
    Bill22
  • SethroSethro Posts: 200 Baller
    I'm 6'5" 220ish and bought a 7mm XXXL Pinnacle dive suit. First wetsuit that's ever been long enough for me as the size chart says up to 6'7". Now, before you say you don't want a dive suit hear me out. I bought it to put it my rails and docks in 35-40 degree water as I didn't want to risk tearing my drysuit. In the mean time, I tore a seal in my drysuit, and wore the dive suit to ski. I haven't even gone back to my drysuit for the last 2 seasons. It fits and performs (skiing wise) much like the old Ski Warm Sahara drysuit, except you get wet inside...lol, but it's so much easier to put on and take off. The XXXL is a little too big everywhere except length, but that allows me to put my eagle vest on under the wet suit.

All that being said, there are many companies that will custom make you a wetsuit.
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,462 Crazy Baller
    I also sent two suits from the 90's back to O'Neill last fall to be retaped, glued etc. both came back like new for about $50 each. Great service!
  • OscawanaSkierOscawanaSkier Posts: 17 Baller
    I’m 6’4” 200lbs and the Camaro Blacktec 1.5mm Large fits great (if not a little tight). Would probably be perfect at your weight. And VERY warm.
    vtmecheng
  • vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 166 Baller
    How warm is the Camaro at only 1.5 mm thick? I run cold so warmth is really important for me to have a fun time and not tense up.
  • OscawanaSkierOscawanaSkier Posts: 17 Baller
    I haven’t tested in extreme conditions (probably only 55ish water) but @adamhcaldwell told me while visiting Trophy Lakes that he uses the Blacktec instead of a dry suit now.

I will say, because it’s thin, you barely notice it’s there.
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 740 Crazy Baller
    I am 6’3” 190 and just got a new Oneill reactor 2 in a large tall. Fits perfect and is super warm.
    jlittle
    At only $110 that Oneil is a good deal if it works for me. Thanks @bigskieridaho.
    misp
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 740 Crazy Baller
    @vtmecheng for sure! Glad I could help.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,031 Mega Baller
    @Than_Bogan is probably 6’2 with long arms and can’t weigh more than 170. I am sure he can give some advise.
    Mark Shaffer
    edited April 28
    The arms arenta usually the problem with wetsuits, if the arms are a bit short it's not really a problem. It's the crotch to shoulders length that gets me.
  • raynrayn Posts: 347 Baller
    @vtmecheng now you are just bragging. :)
    Ray Newmark -
    You know what they say about a guy with a long torso, tall shirts.
    Sethro