O'Brien Sixam 3.0

maxeprmaxepr Posts: 6 New Baller
Does anyone out there ski on the O'Brien Sixam 3.0? I can't find any reviews or user feedback on it./

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 24,469 Administrator
    No such ski that I am aware of. The original Sixam was a CLASSIC. The Sixam 2 was a solid ski but I have never heard of a Sixam 3

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Barts / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / HO Syndicate

MasterCraft / Masterline / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

• maxeprmaxepr Posts: 6 New Baller
    Overton's has it in their catalog.
    nzwaterski
  • ryno65ryno65 Posts: 23 Baller
    Looks like an intermediate level ski, with basic non-adjustable fin. Allegiance & Seige of the past were out the Sixam mould with simple lay-up, could be similar with the name revived ?
    Thank you.
  • AdamCordAdamCord Posts: 533 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    edited April 28
    I am in no way affiliated with Obrien anymore but this is almost certainly out of the Sixam 2.0 mold. That shape is awesome.
    Thank you. I've been on a KD7000 for years, looking for some new technology that won't break the bank. I'm no hot shot but consider myself advanced. Heard really good things about the 2.0 so hoping this is a good ski, also.
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 404 Crazy Baller
    I thought the G5 replaced the Sixam as the top O'Brien ski a few years back. It Perhaps they decided to rename that ski ??
    I called Overton's and they said it is brand new and probably never tested by anyone at their facility. Slight tweaking over the 2.0. For whatever this info is worth to anyone.
    Luzz
  • ryno65ryno65 Posts: 23 Baller
    @maxepr the non-adjustable fin could be limiting on an otherwise great shape. My wife is on an old Allegiance from the Sixam 2.0 mould & it has worked all the way from 40k up to 55k.
  • skibrainskibrain Posts: 916 Crazy Baller
    @maxepr if you’re coming frome a KD7000 (nice ski, I had one in 2000-2003) I’d recommend a D3. Some closeouts around on a new Quest that would bec great, and also some used ones that come up for sale. A bit older, but still 10 years more recent than your KD are the X7, Z7 and Fusion.
    wawaskrDaveD
    Thank you all. You've been very helpful.