D3 Leverage blackout or T-Factor

h2o.nhkh2o.nhk Posts: 203 Baller
Due for a new binding this season (if summer ever gets here in Ohio). Used a rear lace D3 Leverage for the last several seasons and no complaints. The T-Factors are intriguing due to ease of entry, but other front lace bindings I've owned seemed to fail earlier. The lace eyelets rip out, cords come loose, etc. D3's seem to be built like tanks and I always keep my gear out of direct sunlight. Any feedback from other ballers running a T-Factor and how they hold up? Thanks!

RFF skier, RTP, 34mph, 15-35off

Comments

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,350 Mega Baller
    I am not on the T-Factor but two guys I ski with regularly use them and have been on them for quite some time with no issues I am aware of. They seem to be quite durable.
    Mark Shaffer
  • motoskiermotoskier Posts: 21 Baller
    Do not consider the blackout from D3, useless, no support. Might be ok as a rear due to flexibility.
    ral
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,049 Administrator
    @motoskier as I recall you prefer your 20 years old modified by mother nature and sunlight stiff is crap yellow KD overlays.

@h2o.nhk if I was going to switch back to rubber binding the first thing I would try is the blackout.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

Mike
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,044 Crazy Baller
    IMHO the t-factor is the best binding out there. Durability is good, just order extra bungees w/original order, they (naturally) wear out
    Sr sl driver & judge
    Dirt
  • shansen345shansen345 Posts: 148 Baller
    I love my T-Factor front boot!
    Never tried a Blackout, but I was only ever so-so about the regular Leverage.
  • h2o.nhkh2o.nhk Posts: 203 Baller
    edited April 30
    Thanks guys, good feedback. If I would have done a little more homework I would have realized that perfski sells all the overlay replacements as well. T-Factor soon to be coming my way. Maybe it will help me find more than 2 ball at 35.
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,537
    T-Factor is an awesome boot, you won't regret it.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

• ralral Posts: 1,677 Mega Baller
    Anyone has tested the T-Factor as a rear binding with a front Reflex?

Rodrigo Andai
  • z_skierz_skier Posts: 7 Baller
    T-factor is an great choice. Gives me an excellent feel of connection to the ski. I've skied the T-factor quite some time and I love it. Surprisingly comfortable for a rubber style boot.
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 740 Crazy Baller
    For all the T-factor superfans out there I could never make that binding work for me. Went from a Leverage to the T-factor and after a few weeks of really sad results, back to the Leverage. Night and day difference. Could run buoys with the Leverage, could not run buoys worth a damn with the T-factor. Very simple experiment and consistent result. I believe there is a forward ankle bend that the Leverage forces that the T-factor does not force. I thought the T-factor was comfy but the performance, at least for me, was a disaster.
    Mike
  • VONMANVONMAN Posts: 78 Baller
    Been using Leverage bindings for years. Was never a fan of lacing it up tight, so when the new Leverage Blackout bindings came out I bought a new front boot to try. ( I'm a rear tow loop fan) Didn't notice a difference, so all is good in my world. Same feel and support.
    Ernie Schlager

A Good One Ball Gives You Six
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,649 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I have just switched from a Leverage to a Tfactor, instant improvement, loving the Tfactor from the get go, my ski seems to be on edge more and the feedback from the ski in the turn is better, the ski seems to turn more positively, I defintely have more width with more space, more comfortable than the leverage, really happy to have made the change.

" Ski It Like You Mean It ! ”

• MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 98 Baller
    Went to Tfactors this spring (double boot) and love them. 9 1/2 shoe = medium. Nice and snug without even really tightening the laces, plenty of support, but best of all the ski is easy to get off so I know they'll release. Love the front lace entry as SO much easier in and out vs other full wraps or rear laces. As a LFF skier I had a lot of problems with other bindings "twisting" on my front foot. These are great.
  • h2o.nhkh2o.nhk Posts: 203 Baller
    I'll be happy to provide some feedback when I get them. Ordered several weeks ago from Miami SN only to find out they are back-ordered until late June/Early July. Checked multiple other sites as well. Must be popular, I guess that's a good thing
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 501 Baller
    The beauty of rubber bindings is that they never smell :)
    chris_b