PCM parts

2Valve2Valve Posts: 85 Baller
I have an older PCM based boat (2002 5.7L HO) that I'm having trouble finding coolant hoses for. I had Miami Nautique send me a set, but the bends were all wrong.

Nothing's broken, I just want to change them out due to age and hours (860).

Any advice would be appreciated.

2Valve

Comments

• BrennanKMNBrennanKMN Posts: 356 Solid Baller
    2Valve
  • TELTEL Posts: 168 Baller
    You could take the hose to NAPA or other auto stores to mach to something close may have to cut ends to length. Some stores will let look through the hoses in there store room. I have had to do this in the past restoring old cars.
    eleeski
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 623 Crazy Baller
    Skidim.com has always been spot on with me.
    ALPJrsixballBruce_ButterfieldDeanoski
  • keithh2oskierkeithh2oskier Posts: 375 Crazy Baller
    +2 on @Orlando76 recommendation with SkiDim.com

I called them up and needed all of the water hoses for my 02 and they told me exactly what I needed from the molded hoses to the generic 1".
    Mick04
  • 2Valve2Valve Posts: 85 Baller
    Thanks everyone. I'll try the NAPA route first and go from there.

I'm good with cutting hoses and modifying "shee-nery".
  • skihackerskihacker Posts: 217 Baller
    If you call skidim you can actually speak to knowledgeable real live human beings. True story!
    Bruce_Butterfieldkeithh2oskierAndre
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 717 Solid Baller
    DIM
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,425 Mega Baller
    I got some silicone hoses from pegasusautoracing.com
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,564 Crazy Baller
    edited May 11
    SkiDim knows their stuff. Best to avoid auto parts in marine applications.
  • foxriveratfoxriverat Posts: 434 Solid Baller
    Skidim is great. Last week I ordered everything thing for a tune up. I called because I wanted to make sure to get the right parts. Guy gave me every part number so I could order on there website and save 10% Couldn't do the discount on phone orders.
    2000 Malibu Response LX 2016 66 lithium vapor
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,980 Mega Baller
    You pretty much have to call them because their website is so bad. I've got a couple things from skidim, but 90% of the time you can't find what you need unless you happen to already know the exact part number.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    BrennanKMN
  • 2Valve2Valve Posts: 85 Baller
    Thanks for the updated info. I'll call SKIDIM. Agreed, their website is tough to use.
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 2,487 Mega Baller
    @oldjeep It is kind of comedic how bad the site is, and they seem to use their own parts number system so you cannot necessarily cross reference from other sites to theirs.
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 623 Crazy Baller
    I don’t have much trouble finding what I need on their site but I forgot how much trouble I seem to have on actually placing the order. Either way I speed dial Vince and they have all my info on file. Thirty second conversation and it’s on my way. I’ll place an order at 11:50 am on Wednesday (they’re in SC) Friday it’s on my doorstep in Orlando every time.
    Drago