Trim or not trim O’Neil boost

jercranejercrane Posts: 91 Baller
I just got an O’Neil boost drysuit. It’s got a neoprene neckseal vs the traditional latex seals. Anyone know if I should or should not trim it like a latex seal? It’s pretty long on my neck but I wasn’t sure if might not be designed for trimming.

Comments

• DirtDirt Posts: 1,511 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    edited May 11
    @jercrane I had an O'neil neoprene necked drysuit and a skiwarm. I never cut the neck. You can fold it in to make a better seal.
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 501 Baller
    edited May 11
    Pls Do Not Fold. Two layers of latex around your neck making not double pressure.
    It is roughly about 3-4 times stronger because second layer is around your "neck size + first layer".
    Not to say that contact area becomes narrower - it is adding more Kg to sq.Cm
    This setup may restrict blood circulation to critical level. No kidding - it may kill you.
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,511 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @OldboyII the neck on my drysuits was not that tight. Folding it over kept it from leaking. If you are correct, I highly recommend @Horton fold his over. I don't want him dead, just less talkative.
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
    thagerski6jonesskihart
  • WoodySkierWoodySkier Posts: 56 Baller
    I have a boost as well, the neck is a little long but it’s not noticeable at all once you get in the water. I’d ski with it a couple times and see if it bothers you while skiing. I find the neoprene to be much more comfortable than the latex around the neck.
    jercrane
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,792 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Yes ski with it a while it will loosen up a little, too. I've had 'em for years...I say 'em cuz they cut one off of me in the ER last year when I broke my leg.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    jercrane
  • LakeOneSkierLakeOneSkier Posts: 235 Baller
    I've had an O'neill Boost for 18+ years and have always folder over the neck. Folding it in, not out, seemed to provide a much better seal.
    Baller Index: -31.67
    jercrane
  • foxriveratfoxriverat Posts: 434 Solid Baller
    Yes as @LakeOneSkier said fold it in. I had a skiwarm for years there made to be folded in.
    2000 Malibu Response LX 2016 66 lithium vapor
    jercrane