Trickski backflip attempt: feedback needed

SanderwoutersSanderwouters Posts: 5 Baller
edited May 12 in Trick
Would be appreciated if I could get some feedback on my backflip attempt.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,195 Mega Baller
    You are going flat and starting the flip at the bottom of the wakes. Drive all the way through the crest of the wake before starting the flip. I think that’s all you need.
    If it was easy, they would call it wakeboarding.
    eleeskiSanderwouters
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,353 MM Trick Skier / Eccentric Person
    @Bruce_Butterfield is spot on.

Some items I think about to make that happen:
    Keep the hands pressed a little low with the arms a little straighter to keep from leaning back or away (no slalom pulls).
    I press the tip of the ski smoothly and with smoothly increasing load the closer I get to the wake.
    I imagine carving the ski all the way to back even when the ski is in the air.
    Ride the ski all the way up before starting to flip.
    Spot the landing so you can land on edge carving back into the wake.

Also shorten your rope so you don't case the second wake.

Have fun, you're close!

Eric
    Sanderwouters
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,010 Mega Baller
    This is NOT something to emulate (other than the tenacity part). As I said when you asked last fall... be sure to hold on to the handle, you'd be surprised at what you might ride away from.

Is it time to ski, yet?
    eleeskiBruce_ButterfieldandjulesSanderwouters
  • skisprayskispray Posts: 118 Baller
    Some great advice above. Just so you’re hearing the same thing a few different ways, I’ll give you my take.

It looks like your turn could be more progressive. Right now, your ski looks like it is pointing 90 degrees to the boat’s direction of travel before you even get to the trough, whereas you probably don’t want to be at that intensity until you’re actually starting to rise up the wake. Don’t change anything aside from your intensity in the middle part of your cut and I think you’ll have it.
    eleeskiBruce_ButterfieldSanderwouters
  • mlusamlusa Posts: 28 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Start is just slightly hard, but very good. From 09-10 secs you are in perfect shape. From 10-11 you "plant" your shoulders and your feet accelerate ahead of your shoulders which have stopped moving toward the wake. If you can keep your shoulders moving with your feet, you will be able to stay over the front foot. At the completion of the turn, you are on your front foot and your shoulders are driving to the wake which is perfect. Maybe you have loaded everything just a little early. Your main attention should be on just keeping right shoulder going with your front foot longer. Concentrate on this and you will stick it very soon. If you can take the turn just a little easier, your legs won't collapse as much as you are cutting to the wake. The taller you are the more lift you will get off the top of the wake. Your handle position is perfect throughout the trick. I like how your elbows stay down and the handle doesn't go over your head. Despite your choice of ski, you should land this trick very soon (lol). Just concentrate on keeping your should moving with your front foot to the wake.
    eleeskiSanderwouters