Wake eye update - anyone else having problems?

lewis310lewis310 Posts: 11 New Baller
So Wake-eye put out a new update to their app a few days ago. I just bought the app (after the update) and I can only get it to record on 60 fps and I can't transfer the videos to my phone's library. If I switch the fps to 120 or 240 and push the button to start, the app crashes. If I record I set it to 60 fps, it works and records the video. When I review the video and tell it to "save" it, the app crashes. Wondering if others are having this problem and if anyone knows a fix.

Comments

• dislanddisland Posts: 1,121 Crazy Baller
    I just had a problem saving files to camera roll on an iphone 5. Didnt see the other problems. I got it but it was very slow and my phone crashed
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • JibboJibbo Posts: 114 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @lewis310 it was an update to work on iPhone X they just bought out.
    We will try to remedy the problems.
  • JmoskiJmoski Posts: 168 Baller
    Yes - when I try and run on my iphone6 it immediately crashes, I wonder if in fixing it for the iPhone X they broke it for older models.
    lewis310
  • lewis310lewis310 Posts: 11 New Baller
    I tried it on my wife's iphone 5s and got the same issues.
  • lewis310lewis310 Posts: 11 New Baller
    I emailed Wake Eye. Here is their response:

Hi Jim
    Yes you are correct.

We released an update for the iPhone X to work properly and it is having problems with earlier version phones.

We apologise for the inconvenience and are working hard to rectify these problems.

Will have an update to fix them asap.

John

Wakeye
  • Luv2SkiLuv2Ski Posts: 13 Baller
    I am having the same problem! It's nice to know I'm not alone. I wondered what the heck changed. In addition to this issue, my video is really shaky on my Iphone 7. It never used to be, so I'm wondering how I can fix it. I hope it gets resolved soon.
    New update for Wakeye App available on app store now.
    I would suggest first deleting the old app and install the new version.
  • WishWish Posts: 7,019 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Jibbo Aside from fixing bugs, anything new??
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    @Wish just keeping up with Apples new IOS updates and new phone releases is been keeping us busy. New products include our new Wakeye Cylon
    Wishaupatking
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,760
    Love the look/idea of the new Cylon @Jibbo For those of us with one of the originals is there an upgrade option where we can use some of the old parts with the new Cylon?
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
    @scotchipman Yes it will fit all current/original holders. So you only have to purchase the Cylon Mount
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,760
    How much for the Cylon Mount @Jibbo?
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
    @scotchipman Wakeye Cylon $380 comes with:
    • Cylon Mount.
    • 2 Red Tracking Balls.
    • 12V power adapter with 3m (10ft) length cable.
    • Mini USB to USB cable for sensor settings changes and fixes(if you wish to tweak the sensor and servo settings).
    • 2x6mm, 2x3mm, and 2x1mm rubber pads with self adhesive tape for pylon clamp.
    Wish
  • OSUwaterskierOSUwaterskier Posts: 52 Baller
    Any video of this new product in use? Looks very cool!
    MattP
    Hope to have some video up on the website soon
    OSUwaterskier
  • JC McCavitJC McCavit Posts: 451 Baller
    Will any of the top phones with cameras from Samsung or other manufactures work with this new product?
    JC McCavit
  • vernonreevevernonreeve Posts: 10 Baller
    The Wakeye Cylon seems like a great idea, but I'm guessing you would have to remove and re-attach the red ball each time you shorten the rope? So the red ball must have a slit in it to make this easy?
    @vernonreeve yes you are correct the red ball has a slit in it to remove and reattach each time you shorten the rope with Velcro inside the slit to make sure it cant come off easily.

The red ball is made of soft closed-cell polyurethane foam rubber so it cant damage the motor cover