Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TEAM D3 World Record Holder Nate Smith continues his total dominance

HortonHorton Posts: 25,191 Administrator

TEAM D3 World Record Holder Nate Smith continues his total dominance of every slalom event he enters. Since switching to his new D3 EVO Nate has been almost perfect at the 10.25 (41off) rope length.

Nate’s first pro event on the EVO was the TRAVERS GRAND PRIX last Friday the 11th. Nate won both rounds and the championship with scores into 9.75 (43off) No other skier ran 10.25.

Nate’s next event was the SWISS PRO SLALOM last Sunday the 13th. In the first round Nate again completed the 10.25 pass to lead all skiers. In the second round again Nate completed the 10.25 and scored [email protected] In the final Nate did what he needed to do, he scored 4 @ 10.25 for the victory.

FUN FACT- Nate Smith has run the 10.25 pass in competition more times than any other skier in the history of our sport. Unfortunately for the competition he isn’t showing signs of slowing down any time soon.

At D3 we are honored to have Nate as an ambassador for our brand and our sport. He is always willing to give back and drive the boat, judge an event, coach skiers, whatever he can do to help the sport we all love. Next up for Nate and TEAM D3 is the US Masters at Callaway Gardens, GA presented by Nautique Boats. The excitement starts on Friday the 25th and ends with finals on Sunday the 27th.

Be sure to catch the web cast for all the action or join us at our booth on site. https://www.nautique.com/events/masters

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

TELjimbrakeObrienslalomski6jonesh2onhkALPJrbbrannanEd_Johnson6ballsOSUwaterskierbigskieridahoMrs_MSWishDWJordansantangeloBulldogDaveDAlvin_NeffBdeckeradkh2oskier

Comments

• OSUwaterskierOSUwaterskier Posts: 66 Baller
    Unreal. Anyone know if the more 41s than the rest of the world combined stat is still true?

Any feedback on the EVO yet? Has been pretty quiet since it’s unveil.
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,582 Crazy Baller
    Amazing! I'm a little surprised that 90% of Ballers aren't skiing on a D3 with TFactor .
    shansen345WaterSkier12santangeloozski
  • Jack KinneJack Kinne Posts: 64 Baller
    I wouldn't be surprised if he is approaching 2X as many 41's.
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,938 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @NateSmith43 is amazing and D3 makes great skis but I would be surprised if he is really skiing on the current EVO. As we all know many (not all) pros are involved in testing new skis from the company that sponsors them so they could be on the next ski coming out or still on one of their old trusted skis with the current graphic.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
    skihartDeanoskiConor
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,692 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited May 16
    Ski Buddy switched from NRG to EVO, 10 sets in, wow what a difference, he,s running more 35,s than ever before and looking good for 38.
    Been said before different ski,s suit different skiers, but he,s real happy he dropped the dollars on the EVO.
    As for Nate what a combination, Super Nice Guy, Natural Talent, Great Competitor, Backed by a Great Ski Manufacturer.

" Ski It Like You Mean It ! ”

bbrannanOSUwaterskieraupatking
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 1,829
    @mbabiash ... Are you on a 67 or 68 EVO and NRG? Did you notice any difference in size between the NRG and EVO since the EVO has slightly less surface area? Thanks.
    Loving the Reflex Supershell with R Style Rear !!!
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,735 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    What he is doing is really amazing. It's not that there are not other amazing skiers out there right now either. He is just at another level and consistently so.
    OSUwaterskierbbrannanbishop8950santangelo
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 365 Baller
    @Ed_Johnson
    68 on both.
    EVO is only a touch narrower up front than the NRG. EVO is much faster than NRG but still sheds speed well.
    Ed_Johnson
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,191 Administrator
    @mbabiash I don't believe the new D3 is much wider or narrower than the NRG or the ARC. The NRG looks wider because of it has a blunter tip but the width under your feet is not that different.

They are clearly three completely different skis. I'm just saying the new ski is not significantly narrow.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 365 Baller
    @horton
    I agree. That’s why I said a touch narrower.
    I measured right in front of the boot on both skis 68 inch and the EVO was slightly narrower. That width continues a touch further forward on the NRG.
    Overall very close to the same surface area which means nothing compared to bevels in relation to speed of the ski.
    Hortonteammalibu
  • DanEDanE Posts: 814 Crazy Baller
    @Skid What settings do you have on your fin?
  • SkidSkid Posts: 47 Baller
    @DanE I'm on the stock settings.
    Length is 6.935 (tips)
    Depth is 2.455 (flat)
    DFT is .755
    And I have my wing just slightly off of stock at 7.5 degrees, I'm riding a 67.
    DanE
  • Jack KinneJack Kinne Posts: 64 Baller
    @skid what size arc-s before the switch?
  • SkidSkid Posts: 47 Baller
    edited June 8
    @Jack Kinne 67'' Arc-S