The Greatness of Regina

lhooverlhoover Posts: 151 Baller
Just saw a nice thread talking of the dominance and greatness of Nate Smith. And that is very true. But folks, we are watching, and have watched for over a decade, the greatest 3 event female in the history of our sport. And the greatest female slalom skier ever, period, end of sentence.

She just won for the 4th yr in a row the Swiss Pro Tourney by an astounding 5 buoys. The only female to run the 39off pass the entire weekend....and she did it 3 times. And lest we forget, this is a former Tricks World Champion!

Just amazing, so enjoy the run with her and congratulations to Regina, the best ever.
h2o.nhkeleeskijayski6ballsReggieOdchristmanScottScottRazorRoss3Than_BoganKrleeozskiLakeOneSkierTEL9400WishjrsNandoMISkierBlueSkiski6jonesBG1DWMattPBill22LanceHCookBruce_ButterfieldEd_JohnsonskihartDUSkierWaterSkier12jcampGaryWilkinsonMichaelGoodmanMuskokaKylakeaustinskiermarkchilcuttmmosley899keithh2oskierbishop8950adamhcaldwellswc5150andjulesdthateMSChunkydgsm_petermatejaBoorobmollysilverlakeparkerc2112lazzn

Comments

• ReggieOReggieO Posts: 44 Baller
    Well said, she dominates!
  • lakeaustinskierlakeaustinskier Posts: 312 Baller
    There is a reason the 1/4 video of Regina has over 377,000 views. I did a quick search and haven't seen another video with more views.
    Ted Thomson, Austin Texas, Aquaplex
    Obrienslalomvernonreeveskialex
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,009 Crazy Baller
    Just how many 34 mph men run 39 as consistently in tournaments as Regina?
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 973 Mega Baller
    She deserves a more appealing moniker than "GOAT". How about we come up with a new one?
    Is it time to ski, yet?
    gsm_peter
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 270 Crazy Baller
    @dchristman Tom Brady is the GOAT...I think in this case it is appropriate to call Regina the BOAT.
    dchristman
  • lakeaustinskierlakeaustinskier Posts: 312 Baller
    As a 34 mph skier I've never understood why people don't look more closely at her skiing style. Quiet power with minimal movement. Regina is a whopping 5' 4" and she gets it done big time.

Several years ago I participated in a charity type tournament that had locals (me) and also pros (like Regina). Very nice person. Her core looked to be incredibly strong. I went off the dock right after her......................

Ted Thomson, Austin Texas, Aquaplex
    andjules
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 695 Crazy Baller
    edited May 17
    @lakeaustinskier mentioned it above, but think about all the times we talk about TW being short(-er) or Chris Parrish being tall and what a huge disadvantage/advantage we imagine that represents.

At 5'4", Regina is unstoppable.
    WaterSkier12
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,118
    I watched her run a 18-20mph tailwind 39 straight down the lake, in my neighborhood a few years back. I was completely amazed
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 973 Mega Baller
    She is not only a GOODE slalom skier, she is the BESTE - Best Ever Skiing Three Events
    Is it time to ski, yet?
    eleeskidthate
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,283 Crazy Baller
    She is amazing! When was the last time Regina skied in a tournament and didn't win slalom?