This project had a false start last year – this is a reboot.Phase 1 of the project is identifying Ambassadors, educating them and getting their info on Where2WaterSki.com.What is the purpose?
Who can be an Ambassador?
- The purpose is to connect people who are curious about skiing but not involved with skiers who are involved and passionate about the sport.
What is the job of an Ambassador?
- Anyone with passion for water skiing and access to a ski site and boat.
How to get involved
- Ambassadors are asked to simply introduce new skiers to the sport. When possible they will take new skiers out to a ski site and show them what is available. At the minimum it is a very light commitment. Every Ambassador will do the job a little differently.
When I create a listing should I choose to be listed as an Ambassador and a Club?
- Go to http://where2waterski.com/
- Click “Add Listing” from the top menu
- Create an account or log in if you already have an account
- You will be automatically directed to the Add Listing page – fill out this form. In the section titled “Place description” write your invitation for new skiers to contact you. Fill out the rest of the form.
- FYI your address will NOT be public and if you need to be additionally anonymous that will be handled in a later step. Contact me personally if this is a concern [email protected]
- Add a photo!
- Last step - review your listing and send yourself a test email by clicking on the "Send Enquiry" link
Technical issues with the site?
- Most listings should be “Ambassador”. It is the Ambassador’s role to tell the new skiers about the local clubs, shops, and opportunities.
- If you are the contact person for a club that is accepting new members then you should choose “Club” when you create your listing.
- All types of listings are really just "points of contact" so perhaps there is no wrong answer.