The Water Ski Ambassador Project / Where2WaterSki.com - (Phase 1)

HortonHorton Posts: 25,673 Administrator
edited May 19 in Ambassadors
This project had a false start last year – this is a reboot.

Phase 1 of the project is identifying Ambassadors, educating them and getting their info on Where2WaterSki.com.

What is the purpose?
  • The purpose is to connect people who are curious about skiing but not involved with skiers who are involved and passionate about the sport.
Who can be an Ambassador?
  • Anyone with passion for water skiing and access to a ski site and boat.
What is the job of an Ambassador?
  • Ambassadors are asked to simply introduce new skiers to the sport. When possible they will take new skiers out to a ski site and show them what is available. At the minimum it is a very light commitment. Every Ambassador will do the job a little differently.
How to get involved
  • Go to http://where2waterski.com/
  • Click “Add Listing” from the top menu
  • Create an account or log in if you already have an account
  • You will be automatically directed to the Add Listing page – fill out this form. In the section titled “Place description” write your invitation for new skiers to contact you. Fill out the rest of the form.
  • FYI your address will NOT be public and if you need to be additionally anonymous that will be handled in a later step. Contact me personally if this is a concern [email protected]
  • Add a photo!
  • Last step - review your listing and send yourself a test email by clicking on the "Send Enquiry" link
When I create a listing should I choose to be listed as an Ambassador and a Club?
  • Most listings should be “Ambassador”. It is the Ambassador’s role to tell the new skiers about the local clubs, shops, and opportunities.
  • If you are the contact person for a club that is accepting new members then you should choose “Club” when you create your listing.
  • All types of listings are really just "points of contact" so perhaps there is no wrong answer.
Technical issues with the site?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

vtmecheng

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 25,673 Administrator
    edited May 16
    Want to help in other ways?
    • It will not be too long before we will be looking for a few dollars to pay some bills. This effort is not yet a real "non-profit" but I promise none of the money will go in my pocket. Go Fund me will be launched when the time is right.
    • At some point we will need some wordpress programing and some graphic art.
    • The roll out has been pretty slow because I have a lot of other things going on. I could use an intern or collaborator.

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

ALPJrvtmechengLuv2Ski
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,624 Crazy Baller
    edited May 16
    Awesome idea @Horton and all others involved!
    Luv2Ski
  • markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 885 Crazy Baller
    love this idea!
    Ski it if you can!!!!
  • vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 332 Solid Baller
    This is not only awesome but a must for the sport. I was lucky enough to find guys that were willing to give me my first pull through a course. Not only did it hook me but I made good friends that I never would have met. Thank you @Horton for doing something to promote the sport instead of just talking about the problem. This may not be the end all solution but it sure is a big part of it, at least in my opinion.
    Luv2Ski
  • DWDW Posts: 1,852 Mega Baller
    What is the definition of 'ski site'? Is it a location with a course or simply a body of water where someone can be pulled by a ski boat and learn how to ski (which hopefully leads to the course).

Great project.
    @dw if you will take new skiers to a ski site of some sort and show them around that is good enough. Even if you are just a point of contact and direct new skiers to a ski site that is good enough. We are just trying to convert people who are curious about skiing into skiers. Ambassadors are simply a point of contact.

I would prefer that most Ambassadors have a slalom course but that is likely setting the bar too high.

DW
  • dnewtondnewton Posts: 58 Baller
    Awesome stuff. As a 2 year old course skier trying to find ways to connect to other skiers recently, this is extremely encouraging to see. I have talked to 3 ski clubs just today about joining but they are all full. Which I completely understand and it is more than fair, but I just want some buddies that are all pushing each other to ski harder than the next. I almost didn’t join a club because I thought I sucked too much and no one would want to waste good water on someone new to the sport. Thank you for the cause.
    Horton
  • KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 184 Baller
    @Horton So, a "ski site" could be a public lake? I LOVE the fact that you are including clubs in this. I could see my own local ski club joining in on this effort.
    Luv2Ski
    @KRoundy yes yes

Luv2Ski
    This is now visible to all BallOfSpray visitors

Luv2Ski
  • jjackkrashjjackkrash Posts: 474 Solid Baller
    I am skiing at noon today. Newcomers welcome!
    eleeski
  • shansen345shansen345 Posts: 180 Baller
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 460 Crazy Baller
    Great idea, I'm in, added Lake of Dreams.
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 460 Crazy Baller
    ..,..and as a great tie-in to AWSA, I will be requiring a one-day event membership for insurance purposes.
    edited May 20
    @skiinxs heck nobody would blame you if you required them to join for a year. I'm pretty sure @JeffSurdej would be happy if you did

• LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,255 Crazy Baller
    I'm in as a club listing. "Stillwater Lake Eminence KY"
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    Horton
  • KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 184 Baller
    Added in the data for the Lake Stevens Water Ski Club. Appears to all work well.
  • JeffSurdejJeffSurdej Posts: 381 USAWS Official
    @bwreinke fantastic stuff. We need more of these across the nation
    AWSA President
  • braindamagebraindamage Posts: 132 Baller
    I am on a public lake and have no access to a course, but I signed up as an ambassador!!!
    eleeskiski6jonesWish6balls
    @braindamage thank you.

braindamageLuv2Ski
  • davehr40davehr40 Posts: 12 Baller
    Signed up both club (Lake Spokane Waterski Club) and as an ambassador
    HortonLuv2Ski
  • ShererSkierShererSkier Posts: 117 Baller
    This is cool! Defiantly signing up when I get on a desktop.
    Horton
  • pregompregom Posts: 138 Baller
    I signed up as an ambassador and a ski club.
    HortonALPJr
    Is the where2waterski site up and running for guests?
    @jjackkrash not yet. We are still building out the the ambassador directory.

Killer
    edited June 11
    I just got an inquiry for skiing the course this summer. So it must be live for guests now.
    @jjackkrash I am not advertising yet but I am STOKED you got a contact!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file