Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reflex 3D breaking

cacmancacman Posts: 81 Open or 55K Rated Skier
I have had the new reflex 3D heal and toe plate for about a year I have went through 2 sets of 3D molds. I have been told by a dealer to go back to the nylon screw things to hold back of boot in place, that all of these 3D molds are breaking. Any other solutions.

Comments

• skialexskialex Posts: 862 Crazy Baller

aupatking
  • cacmancacman Posts: 81 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Your cure was to mount those 2 brackets on each side? DO they work well? How high what material? Thanks
  • mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,329 Mega Baller
    start with a new factory replacement, splash off a glass mold, cast a replacement out of glass or graphite composite, never look back.
  • epnaultepnault Posts: 254 Baller
    I will send a pic of my mod this weekend
  • skialexskialex Posts: 862 Crazy Baller
    @cacman I made these brackets out of RTP hardware that were meant to be screwed directly to the ski. The difference from regular RTP bars is that they already have a level bottom. You can use regular RTP bars but you have to trim one side to make them seat straight. Also I used roughly 2/3 of each bar in order to seat closer to the curved boot sides and to be mounted with 2 screws for a solid connection.
    This is not my ski, my system is more complicated but I also use excactly the same bars to eliminate any possibility of movement.
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,816 Mega Baller
    edited May 2018
    It always puzzles me when I read about people needing to cut, drill, hack, glue and screw out of the box, new boot and binding products that are marketed to be the best thing ever? And not just any particular manufacture.
  • epnaultepnault Posts: 254 Baller
    I agree. We have been very tolerate of these stupid 3d printed parts. From a support standpoint there seems to be no end of the support. If it breaks they will send you a new one.
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,816 Mega Baller
    edited May 2018
    I get that the elite competitors will tweak their equipment to get optimum performance. It's the average Ballers that puzzle me. When I spend 600+ on dbl boots they should damn sure work and last for quite a while.
    Horton
  • teammalibuteammalibu Posts: 782 Crazy Baller
    Reflex sells a carbon fiber replacement heel cup on their web site!
    Mike Erb Cedar Ridge Canton Miss.
    Horton is my hero
  • ricorico Posts: 152 Baller
    I have the carbon fiber option. I believe it is made with a core in plastic or g10 and wrapped in carbon. So far no break.
    Eric Francois - Studio City, CA - 2018 Vapor Pro Build - Reflex Super /R Style
    Trying to kill Horton every chance I get
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,083
    I have been using the Carbon Fiber version for 6 months with no issues. A totally improved design version from the old one that came with the boot.
    Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
  • savaiusinisavaiusini Posts: 330 Water Ski Industry Professional
    edited May 2018
    :o
    Sam Avaiusini - Operations Manager, HO Sports Company, Snoqualmie, WA
    mmosley899
  • C5QuestC5Quest Posts: 257 Baller
    edited May 2018
    I agree. It’s total BS to have to spend that much money and have a product that continuously breaks. Absolute piss poor quality control. I’ve gone through 4 heel cups. My toe piece also basically disintegrated. On the carbon fiber replacement parts now and so far so good. Seems very solid. Why the heck did they not do this in the first place?