Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ski bag fit problem

vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 568 Crazy Baller
I have a 67 HO Omni and tried two bags so far. First was lower end and didn't have enough room for the fin. Second was higher priced, there isn't enough room for the boot. I can zip the bag but only if I really pinch the boot down and struggle a bit. Is that normal or should I just get a neo sleeve? Thanks.

Comments

• vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 568 Crazy Baller
    I think the issue with size is because of the HO bindings being taller.
  • TallSkinnyGuyTallSkinnyGuy Posts: 540 Crazy Baller
    I got this inexpensive bag from Overton's a while back. It is an ugly bag but has a padded bottom and plenty of room for tall boots and fin/fin protectors.
  • dave2balldave2ball Posts: 580 Crazy Baller
    Try an eagle ski bag. It is neoprene and has a built in fin protector. You will have to stretch it over the ski but it is designed that way.
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,498 Mega Baller
    That is how a lot of bags fit, and partly why a lot of tournament skiers use something else like a sleeve or sock. Try one of these

https://www.h2oproshop.com/collections/water-ski-wake-bags-and-fin-protectors/products/h2oproshop-neo-sleeve-and-fin-protector
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    jimski
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,225 Mega Baller
    Day-to-day, nothing beats the neo sleeves. If you feel you need a bag, an event bag is the way to go. This one from Masterline is a Cadillac.https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0797/6509/products/[email protected]?v=1491332872
    Some people even use them for airline travel, but I don’t trust the baggage monkeys that much. https://masterlineusa.com/collections/travel-bags/products/one-event-roller
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 803 Crazy Baller
    edited May 2018
    Poor man's equipment bag
    room for your rope, jacket, shorty, towel
    aupatking
    Thanks everyone for the insight.
    @TallSkinnyGuy Overton's must have changed their bag design because that's the low end one I tried. There was no room provided for the fin, I couldn't even get the bag around the ski tail because of the fin. Maybe someone stiched it poorly.
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,390 Mega Baller
    edited May 2018
    The syndicate bags from a year or two ago have a lot of space and are durable (before the current neoprene bags) Their world?? Bag is even bigger. I keep my senate and vapor in 2 of the syndicate bags and our p6 fits in the bigger one.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    In case someone else stumbles here looking for a good ski bag. I ended up with the Connelly paded bag with the side zipper. It's a really nice bag with tons of room for a tall binding, a size zipper pocket, and a top pocket that's mesh between it and the ski (great for my towel). Also like that the zipper is on the side so it doesn't rub on the ski.