Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Robert Pigozzi is top seed going into the finals at the Masters!

HortonHorton Posts: 27,377 Administrator
edited May 2018 in News & Other Stuff
I think it is time for the Ballers to start paying attention to this kid. Robert Pigozzi is the real deal. I will be watching tomorrow.

http://masterswaterski.com/

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Bruce_ButterfieldDaveDschaferz_skierCkrueg

Comments

• GarGar Posts: 311 Baller
    Yes I watched it. Usual brutal water. Pigozzi was awesome.
    GaryWilkinson
  • skihartskihart Posts: 488 Solid Baller
    The results do not seem to be updated? Just looked and nothing for men's slalom or jump? They seem to be wakeboarding now so I assume the skiing is complete.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,377 Administrator
    edited May 2018
    @skihart Jump is after wake board

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

skihart
    Pigozzi [email protected] 41, Nate 5 @ 39, Will 4.5 @39, Tgas 4 @39 going from my recollection think those advance?
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,377 Administrator
    @gar TGas lost out in a runoff with Asher. Only four advanced

Darn was hoping Tgas would make it.
  • DaveDDaveD Posts: 788 Crazy Baller
    Great webcast. Saw the number of viewers get up over 800 at one point during the slalom skiing. Only 500 for the wakeboarding. Maybe slalom skiing isn't all that boring after all.

Tricks were fun to watch this morning. The flips they do now days are amazing.
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,585 Crazy Baller
    If four advance and Tgas is out. Who is the fourth one in? Pigozzi, Nate, Will?
    In gear. Hit It. Thank You!
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,140 Mega Baller
    Freddie
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
    Bill22
    Pigozzi is top seed. Nate second and Will third I think!
    Freddie 4th?
  • GaryWilkinsonGaryWilkinson Posts: 323 Solid Baller
    When will this org committee figure out the backwash problem.?

Seemed like perfect conditions,... for backwash!
    Starting dock has a stone wall. Every return to the dock produces huge backwash waves down the course. Then the stands also contribute right at the start of 3 ball.

I find it somewhat ridiculous that this tournament that generally has the largest world wide audience never produces PB’s never mind records.

Doesn’t seem like it would be hard to put in swimming lane ropes, fences or Something to reduce the backwash.

It’s a shame we don’t see these awesome athletes at their best.
    I need to ski back to the handle obviously.
    mcskier41
  • EdbrazilEdbrazil Posts: 1,396 Historical Baller
    Unless it has changed, there is a vertical stone wall across. Wouldn't be difficult to put
    in some rip-rap rock.
    GaryWilkinson
    Pigozzi reminds me of Mike Hazelwood in the 80’s total strong beast of a skier. The top seed is in the worst shape regarding conditions at Masters seems like. Pigozzi should still be in good shape tomorrow. No telling who wins should be exciting to watch and I will.
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,649
    If conditions are perfect then Nate wins. Random conditions makes it interesting and you have to watch.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

Than_BoganBill22
  • DaveDDaveD Posts: 788 Crazy Baller
    I don't think the conditions need to be perfect but if the rollers are as bad as @Bruce_Butterfield says then maybe a little effort to reduce them is needed.
    Than_BoganGaryWilkinson
  • Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,498 Mega Baller
    @scotchipman with the distance to the far side of the lake, the rollers are about as random as you can get. I saw no variation from one skier to the next.

There is absolutely no basis to claim the conditions were not the same for all competitors.
    I'm Ancient. WTH do I know?
  • skisprayskispray Posts: 151 Baller
    edited May 2018
    If the rollers lead to such unfair conditions then why do the best skiers still always seem to win?

And if things are so random, then why did the skiers in the men’s semifinals all seem to hit the same rollers at 3 ball?
  • skisprayskispray Posts: 151 Baller
    @GaryWilkinson Like I said, if it’s unsafe then that isn’t good. But I don’t see evidence that the conditions at the master’s are unsafe. What evidence can you cite that would indicate that it’s unsafe? And I also don’t see evidence that the conditions lead to random results. What evidence would you cite to argue that the results are more random at this tournament? Nate won slalom again, just like he has in the past. Will Asher and Freddie Winter made it to the finals, like you’d expect. Maybe Pigozza is just good?

And in jump and trick, year after year, the cream keeps rising to the top. So everyone that keeps using the word random, please give me one shred of evidence that makes your case. If you have none, then stop using the word. It’s insulting to the skiers the perform well under such tough conditions.
    aupatking
  • Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,498 Mega Baller
    @skispray I’ll concede “random” was not the best description and not precisely what I meant. How about “uniformly rolly” and the same level of difficulty for all competitors as a better description of what I meant.
    I'm Ancient. WTH do I know?
    WaterSkier12aupatkingRAWSki
  • WishWish Posts: 7,745 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @GaryWilkinson I'm sure (actually I know) that all ...reasonable.. measures have been taken over the years to make that lake the best it can be. Unreasonable would be to spend thousands if not tens of thousands to make it better. The lake is used 3 days out of the year for this event. The other 362 days of what you site simply does not matter. I've skied that lake many times. It ain't great but unsafe is more of how you ski it. I'm 90% more reserved then a pro. I bet if you asked the athletes and the fans the question....Would you rather have the Masters somewhere else for better conditions or on Robin Lake.??..well, I think you know the answer to that better question.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    aupatking
    No disrespect to the skiers that win, bravo and well done. I have won tournaments where I beat Canadian team members in conditions (wind) but I don’t value that medal as much as the ones in better conditions.

(I saw Robert
    scotchipman
    Sorry

My full comment didn’t make it, to finish my thoughts....

I saw Robert P ski last week at Rini site. Man this young man can ski and ski he did.

I guess it for me would make sense to ask the skiers. I believe they would prefer the conditions of Trophy lakes for example, over Robin Lake. For their performance and safety’s sake.

And I, as a viewer and customer of waterski related items and services to the tune of thousands of dollars annually, would prefer to see those that run - 41 in their sleep, do so on one of the community’s largest stages vs, seeing them struggle through -38 and come off the water “unhappy” to say the least.

If we have the ability to “fix” this to achieve world class performances and have everyone come off the water with PBs and big smiles knowing they did their best, why not do it?

GW

scotchipmanEd_Johnson
  • IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 1,182 Crazy Baller
    What randomness is there really? Look at all the athletes who won. Manon, Nate, Freddy... Not exactly strangers to a podium
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,649
    So has anyone ridden the Reflex ski?
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

Killeraupatking