Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking ski recommendation

EcorEcor Posts: 2 New Baller
I’m a 35-year-old female looking to upgrade my ski. I’ve been skiing since childhood but only summers and don’t get on a course very often. That said, I’m a pretty aggressive skier so am very hesitant to go with a women-specific ski. I ski around 32mph on an open lake. Boat is a 2018 Super Air Nautique GS20. I’m currently skiing a late 90s 64’ O’Brien Vision (I know, anything would be better). I can get up on anything so don’t need something easy to get up on. I’m around 140lbs. Price isn’t a big concern.
Many thanks for your recommendations!

Comments

• bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 873 Crazy Baller
    I am always going to recommend a Lyric. Been a popular choice and my wife wife loves hers also.
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,255 Crazy Baller
    Isn't the Lyric limited in fin adjustments? However that may not be a concern. The biggest concern may be the boat!!
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    ISP6ball
  • JmoskiJmoski Posts: 249 Baller
    edited June 2
    Don’t be afraid of buying a women’s ski like the Lyric, its designed as a crossover that can run the course just like the men’s.

Are you near a pro shop that you can demo a ski?

Perfski.com has a great selection - and they mark them as unisex, men’s, women’s.
  • waterskigirlwaterskigirl Posts: 142 Water Ski Industry Professional
    At our school we have had great success this season with the new HO Carbon Onmi...
  • EcorEcor Posts: 2 New Baller
    I've been looking for a shop that carries the ones I'm interested in but haven't found any yet. My other challenge with demo is that I have tiny feet for my height and weight (5.5 women's and 5'8") so often the boot doesn't fit on the ski size I'm looking for.

I was thinking the Connelly V (polyurethane core, not the carbon), the O'Brien Prevail or G4, or the HO Carbon Omni. My husband keeps pushing the Radar Lyric or Radar Senate Alloy so I guess that's in the mix too.
    JoelHowley
  • skihardskihard Posts: 529 Crazy Baller
    Find yourself a set of bindings you really like then it doesn't matter what the ski has on it. Use your own and try skis until you find one like. You really can't go wrong with Radar and they probably have the best customer service and help available to you no matter where you are located?
    2014 Carbon Pro, Radar Pro Build Lithium Vapor w/ Vapor Carbitex Boa Bindings - life's about working hard and then having fun on the water! I am - are you?
    schafer
  • JoelHowleyJoelHowley Posts: 31 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    The Connelly Carbon V would be another good option to consider. It rides quite high in the water which will help you cross those wakes and it still grips like a high end ski.
    https://www.h2oproshop.com/collections/slalom-skis/products/2018-connelly-carbon-v