Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

D3 EVO unboxing

HortonHorton Posts: 25,194 Administrator
edited June 7 in Videos & Photos

(I apologize for the odd audio quality in this video)

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

santangelo

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 25,194 Administrator
    I shot this video a few days ago and i already have 4 rides on the EVO. I am still monkeying with settings. The original settings that Crawford sent me were pretty darn good and I will likely return to those but I have sort of squirreled off a little for a few rides.

First impressions of the ski are really really good. I have not gotten deep into 38 yet but I have run some super early easy 35s. I think it is just a matter of settling on some settings and then I expect to run a lot of balls..

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

scotchipman
  • JordanJordan Posts: 1,000 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Horton video won't play.
    @Jordan the whole internet is whacky today. Refresh your screen and try again or try in 20 minutes.

Jordan
  • ballsohardballsohard Posts: 98 Baller
    edited June 7
    @Horton Being an 18 year old that's gonna ride an Evo soon I'm happy that it smells like teen spirit!
    Horton
  • gjohnsongjohnson Posts: 288 Baller
    @Horton What settings did Paul suggest?
    Greg Johnson ~ Team Beer
    Horton
    @gjohnson the first numbers I tried were 2.46 /6.935 / .75 - 29 3/4

I am playing with very different numbers but I think settings above might be better. I have 9 tournament rounds this weekend so we will see if my settings work.

skibrain
  • gjohnsongjohnson Posts: 288 Baller
    @Horton Thanks. I've got five sets on mine. Currently I'm at 30" and not sure that's the right spot for me.
    Greg Johnson ~ Team Beer
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 365 Baller
    @gjohnson everyone I have talked to is back a bit. I’m in vapor boots with thicker liners and I’m back 3/8
    I’m on 68 but I’m at 30 1/8
    So I’d try one hole back
    gjohnsonmmosley899
  • acmxacmx Posts: 224 Baller
    I'm demoing a 67 now, factory numbers that @Horton posted above the ski had big slow turns on both sides. I put @SkiJay NRG numbers on it and it was better but I find it hard to keep a tight line (34mph) even at 9 degrees of wing. I didn't try bindings back from 30" but maybe I should.
    Deanoski
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 365 Baller
    Mine had big slow turns on both sides. Back one 1/8 and perfect
    I was (am) at 29 3/4 and I thought the ski was a bit loose if anything with the above settings. If you guys feel the ski is turning slow I am super confused or your settings are not right.

mmosley899
  • acmxacmx Posts: 224 Baller
    I emailed D3 and told them it was turning slow both sides, they suggested going "back one hole".
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 503 Water Ski Industry Professional
    edited June 11
    I have gone forward to 30 1/8" with basically factory settings on the 67" ski. No problem with keeping a tight line and wing set at 7, but the water is warm and slow here. I moved the back boot back one to 12.5" spread. Still only at 6 sets.
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller
    MattP