Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Shoe Horn? Yes a Shoe Horn

2Valve2Valve Posts: 86 Baller
I picked up a set of Connelly Sync bindings over the winter.

This spring, I discovered my size 13's weren't the easiest set of dogs to slip into a set of boots, so I thought maybe a big shoehorn might work. I picked up one of these, attached a decent float on it (cause I tend to drop things in the lake) and can report it works like a charm.

https://www.comfyclothiers.com/collections/shoe-accessories/long-metal-shoe-horn

2Valve

Comments

• SkierAtHeartSkierAtHeart Posts: 14 Baller
    A girl friend of mine has been using a shoe horn for years. First time we saw it I laughed but I think its great idea.
  • 2Valve2Valve Posts: 86 Baller
    I'm getting a lot of crap from my ski club.
    "old man, just get some slippers and a robe when you're on the boat to go with the horn"
    "Look, all he needs is a pipe and the evening news"

They obviously don't appreciate the pure genius mind at work here.....:)
    AndreNando
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,038 Crazy Baller
    If I cared what people think of my skiing, I would have given up on this sport a lllloooonnnnngggg time ago.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
    2ValveThan_BoganRazorRoss3Texas6
  • S1PittsS1Pitts Posts: 107 Baller
    I have been using one for over 10 yrs. Use the plastic ones because they sort of float long enough that you can retrieve it. Lost several metal ones.
    They are also the only way to get the latex seals on a dry suit off your ankles easily. Have not ripped a seal since using a horn for this task.
    2Valve
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,182 Mega Baller
    Just what the waterski world needs..... more horny skiers!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 2,606 Mega Baller
    Is this with lube or without lube?
    Deanoski
  • 2Valve2Valve Posts: 86 Baller
    @BraceMaker
    I haven't been using any soap or lube. Just slip on the boots and "horn em in" to the bindings.
    So far the Sync's are as good as advertised.
  • AndreAndre Posts: 971 Crazy Baller

As long as you're not using a spray leg sleeve too... ;)
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 832 Crazy Baller
    Ha! One of my buddies uses a plastic bag to get in and make sure he comes out too.
  • WishWish Posts: 7,226 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Since I modified my Rstyle to operate more like an RTP, I can't put it on without tearing up the heal of the liner. Shoe horn solved the problem. Now I use thin bendable plastic instead as I can slip that into the pocket of my trunks. Saves me from buying a new liner.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • skialexskialex Posts: 703 Crazy Baller
    You can buy a shoe horn or.... use your wife. I wonder why she doesn't ski anymore B)
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,995 Mega Baller
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    Wish