Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cedar Ridge Nautique BigDawg scores?!?!?!?

HortonHorton Posts: 27,377 Administrator
I head the scores in the Friday warmup tournament were low and so far today no one has gotten past 3 @ 39.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 27,377 Administrator
    Well bishop and Sund put up some not too bad scores but it's still not what we expect from an event like this. Miller and super Greg and a few other characters still to come

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• JoeSkier6JoeSkier6 Posts: 7 Baller
    Jeff ran [email protected] twice not too bad. I heard that the new boat might be the issue. No one has really skied it... there are not that many in the wild yet to be pulling this level of event.
    jayski
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 727 Crazy Baller
    edited June 2018
    @JoeSkier6 Dave Miller has the bracket on facebook
  • mshaw200mshaw200 Posts: 86 Baller
    Online scoring for every Big Dawg is always available NautiqueBigDawg.com for the prelims and the head to head
    And my hair was perfect!
    skierjp
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,452 Crazy Baller
    @JoeSkier6 Any particular comments what the skiers might not like with pull from new SN? It is usually lights out with great scores at the Ridge, and good conditions, but so far today with all of the sweet 16 having skied, no 39s have been run.
    What gives?
    At my humble line lengths, I felt the new SN skies fine.
    But, the short rope these guys ski, must be another story??
    Ilivetoskijerrym
    edited June 2018
    @zman as a rope gets shorter our ridiculously specific expectations become more and more apparent. I'm not saying it's a good thing but it is the reality for a lot of more accomplished skiers.

I do think it's obvious that the scores were low this weekend but if you look at some previous events, Pro skiers have put up some excellent scores behind this boat.

Zman
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 887 Crazy Baller
    edited June 2018
    correct; it's certainly NOT the boat.

@Gloersen I don't believe it the lake 38 Event was exclusively Nautique. Were the Finals all Nautique? Clearly there was some really good scores at the Masters and at lcq and those events were all Nautique.

• GloersenGloersen Posts: 887 Crazy Baller
    edited June 2018
    @Horton - Men's finals was for sure '19 Nautique, can't accurately recall Rd1/Rd2 ('19 Nautique/Malibu I believe). Either way, equivalency of incredible scores Rd1/Rd2 probably speaks more to the quality of skiers/driver(s)/site conditions/atmosphere. But those finals scores behind Whitney Rini's '19 Nautique are huge.
  • skibugskibug Posts: 2,032
    Maybe it is only a 36 mph boat?? ;) ;)
    Bob Grizzi
  • skiepskiep Posts: 295 Solid Baller
    Miller won. ROGERS second jay leach third GREG Sund fourth. On way home now. 4 into 41 on Saturday
    Gloersen

Any first hand accounts of what might have deflated the scores a bit? Or, better to not bite the paw that feeds the Dawgs? :/
    jayskiOSUwaterskier
  • MillerTime38MillerTime38 Posts: 340 Crazy Baller
    Not just the scores being low what about only 30 entries?
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,982 Mega Baller
    @MillerTime38 that has been the average the past few years.

West Palm - 29
    Miss. - 30

Miami - 31
    France - 20
    Spain - 17
    Lt. Mtn. - 35
    Finals - 23

Rio Linda - 25
    Finals - 37
    West Palm - 36
    Spain - 23
    Maiden - 29
  • MillerTime38MillerTime38 Posts: 340 Crazy Baller
    edited June 2018
    @MattP what about years before that? That’s my point numbers trending down. When it started there was a waiting list to get in. Now they are begging people to enter.
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,982 Mega Baller
    @MillerTime38I could go dig out scorebooks but yes it is trending down.
  • DWDW Posts: 1,985 Mega Baller
    @scotchipman : Any specifics on what is not working with the new boat? It would be interesting if just something in operating it (Micro tuner programming as an example) or an actual boat issue. Hopefully something they can iron out easily, they certainly have a good captive set of testers to gather data from, an engineers w*t dream to get 30 data points in one shot.
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,766 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    From a distance I see a lack of consistency vs. a lack of big scores. I've skied against these guys for some time now. The number of missed 38's after trips to 41 is what sticks out. Some (most) of the top guys just don't miss that pass...
    Than_Boganskidawgjayski
    It's not the boat
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,389 Mega Baller
    @skierjp Can you offer some more detail? :smile:
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    ZmanIlivetoski
    edited June 2018
    Post removed by me.
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,588 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I heard a couple reports that the boat felt spongy. It may need some tweaks or skiers will get used to it. Like Jones said, many of those guys have not missed 38 in perfect glass conditions in years.
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
    skidawg
  • MarkMMarkM Posts: 108 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    edited June 2018
    The boats were fine. I think both the skiers and drivers were just getting used to it for the first time.
    The zero off felt a bit different as it didn't seem to engage as early. Yes, spongy.
    @Than_Bogan, nope, not getting in the middle of this. Trust me, it wasn't the boat!
    Boat not there at the buoy, spongy!
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 501 Crazy Baller
    Looks like zero off rev s with the plus option might be used more than we think on the new nautique.
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,263 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Here is my 2 cents. The cruise control timing felt totally different on this new system. C2 doesn't feel like C2 on any other boat I have skied (I tried other settings through out the weekend. I think there were 10 38's missed in the H2H from guys who didn't miss it all weekend and some who don't miss 39 (Rogers being one of them). It could be some sort of injection communication with the zo or any number of things above my pay grade. some turns felt normal, some there was no boat, a few i felt the boat leaving me. Very random and dissappointing. As with any new technology there are bugs, I am sure Nautique will sort it out.
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    MISkierZmanjayskiThan_BoganDirt
  • John BrooksJohn Brooks Posts: 353 Crazy Baller
    I too like to watch great skiers ski, but the Big Dawg and Masters results and the discussions got me thinking about something many folks have mentioned, been talking about, the various conditions at different sites that may or may not affect scores. Is the score really the important part or the competition? I am leaning in the direction of the event and the competition. I would rather be involved in and/or watch events that may not always favor the same type skier. My opinion/interest is that the scores are not that important, that 39 off at one lake may actually be equal to 38 off at another event, where conditions are different. Is 39 off at Moomba the same as 39 off at the Masters. From this thread, I imagine everyone skied behind the same boat, same lake, same lake conditions, ect, but the scores may be a little off, but seems like the people in the top few spots is not a big surprise.
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,263 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Last Big Dawg at Cedar Ridge the 8th place top score to get in was [email protected], this tourney it was [email protected] The lake is amazing and produces huge scores. Both drivers are capable of driving 39off.
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    Zmanjayskislowscotchipman