Just Breath

At the risk of getting a ton of “quit eating cheeseburgers” comments...I’ll throw this out. Like so many bad habits in my skiing, I can’t seem to fix my breathing. Seems I find myself completely winded after a couple back to back sets. I find that when I do concentrate on my breathing rhythm , I ski tons better. Anyone else with same issue? What are you guys doing about it.
MickeyThompson

Comments

• Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,547 Mega Baller
    Chew gum!! Regina does! Oh no! I just devulged her secret
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 874 Crazy Baller
    I had to learn to breath during tournaments. Never had that problem in practice. Anything i want to do in the course i try to focus on during setup/gate pull out/turn in. Breathing should work well with that approach
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas
  • sodbuster88sodbuster88 Posts: 105 Baller
    @Jody_Seal bubble gum might be just the answer
  • foxriveratfoxriverat Posts: 491 Crazy Baller
    Oh great. One more thing for me to think about lol
    2000 Malibu Response LX 2016 66 lithium vapor
  • h2onhkh2onhk Posts: 257 Solid Baller
    Bubble gum or chewing gum?
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,345 Mega Baller
    It's breathe.
    Exhale after the edge change. Or don't worry about it, it's only 17 seconds
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
  • skibugskibug Posts: 1,995
    I know I am breathing because half the time I am cursing at myself :) ...or maybe at the driver....either way.
    Bob Grizzi
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,948 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    It's not intentional but I know I inhale at preturn and exhale as I turn and I finish the exhale at hook up.
    This is not to say I still don't get winded after a certain number of passes :)
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    D3dude
  • lcarneslcarnes Posts: 114 Solid Baller
    Don't chew gum! Huge choking hazard. Practice breathing while doing handle drills on land. Eventually it will transfer the water...
    Than_Bogansunvalleylaw
  • sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 1,259 Mega Baller
    Not saying I do it well, but ideally I would exhale on hooking up and wake crossing (second half of turn) and inhale on pre-turn, first half of turn.
  • GarGar Posts: 292 Baller
    Swim as cross training it will help you not get winded.
  • sodbuster88sodbuster88 Posts: 105 Baller
    Haha...ok pulled a hamstring today while focusing on breathing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file