Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Radar Bindings Fit On An HO?

Woody74Woody74 Posts: 27 Baller
I was curious as to whether or not Radar bindings are compatible with the HO Omni Syndicate? The reason I ask is that I am thinking of trying the Radar Vector HRT as opposed to a rear boot.

Thanks!
Joe

Comments

• SivotaSivota Posts: 103 Baller
    The Radar Vector with the aluminium frame definitely fits as I use one on an HO Omni Syndicate. If you have the feather frame you may need to check the holes are in the same place.
    Woody74
  • vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 310 Solid Baller
    Aluminum frame fits, feather does not.
    HortonWoody74
    @vtmecheng thanks for confirming that. It is worth looking for the aluminium frame - it has far more adjustability. I am a great fan of the Radar HRT.
    Woody74
  • Woody74Woody74 Posts: 27 Baller
    @Sivota and @vtmecheng , thanks for the info, that's awesome that they are compatible!

@Sivota , what front binding are you running with your Radar Vector HRT?
    Radar Vapor Boa - I am just as pleased with that.
    Woody74
  • skialexskialex Posts: 703 Crazy Baller
    If you can not get the aluminum one, feather frame’s plastic is so soft that you can easily drill it to fit. I’ve seen people on the lake shaping the holes with a screw and a screwdriver used as a file to make it fit. Personally I would feel safer on the aluminum plate.
    Woody74
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 735 Crazy Baller
    The Radar sequence plate also fits, and apparently works with HRT.
    Zman
    The Carbon/G10 sequence plate needs the rear outer slots widening first and then will take an aluminium plated HRT.
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,582 Crazy Baller
    Yes
    Woody74
    @ALPJr , that's good looking pooch! Thanks for the reply.

edited August 18
    ignore repeat post.

edited August 18
    ignore repeat post.

edited August 18
    ignore repeat post.

edited August 20
    Thanks for the info everyone. I am going to go with the Radar HRT rear on the aluminum plate as recommended.

I am looking to go with the HO XMAX binding on the front. If I go with the direct connect on the Xmax is there a downside to pairing a direct connect front with a plate mounted binding on the rear?
  • blagratablagrata Posts: 55 Baller
    edited August 20
    @Woody74 I don't see why there would be any problem with direct connect on front and a plate on the back. The direct connect boots as no bigger than the boots themselves. I have double boot direct connect ..so hopefully someone else will chime in and confirm. xmax are very comfy. I've been running the 2016 model for 2 years. I just bought a pair of the 2018 model (which has a little higher cuff height) to try.
    Woody74
    Thanks @blagrata ! I am currently using a Radar Senate Alloy with Vector front boot and RTP. I really like the Vector boot and figured the Xmax front would be similar in design and fit.