Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ALL NEW SKI LAKE IN HOBE SOUND, FLORIDA

ROBOTROBOT Posts: 127 Administrator
edited September 2018 in News & Other Stuff

Hobe Lake Ski Club is a new man-made lake located 30 minutes north of the West Palm Beach airport. It is open year-round and has some of the best ski conditions and possibly the most pristine setting to be found anywhere.

The Club is proud to announce its affiliation with Wim DeCree as coach. They welcome all levels and abilities and strive to make your stay as enjoyable and productive as possible.

Their exclusive booking system allows you to book time slots that fit your schedule. This will enable you to make plans to spend time with your family enjoying the quiet beaches and many other area activities Dining, hotels and shopping are all nearby.

Go check out their website and keep them in mind next time you’re looking for some good coaching or for a nice ski vacation!

Hobe200

There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive, the Alliance is threatened.
MISkierA_Bsantangelorawlyaupatking

Comments

• gdetraygdetray Posts: 30 Baller
    Fantastic site - I was there this weekend for a tournament and it is GORGEOUS! If you are visiting Florida and want to ski on a perfect lake behind a great boat, book a set at Hobe Lake Ski Club!
    MISkierbkreisTkl127
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,534 Mega Baller
    That boat is identical to our club boat. Always wanted to ski with Wim. Been watching his Okeeheelee video for like 10 years now.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    A_BDaveD
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,426 Crazy Baller
    Wim needs to post a new, better quality video!
    WishMISkierrawly
  • bkreisbkreis Posts: 296 Baller
    I was there as well at the tournament last weekend. It may be the best "feeling" lake water I've ever skied in.
    www.skyfitness.com
  • Buoyhead69Buoyhead69 Posts: 81 Baller
    If I read the website correctly it appears the cost is $75 for a set? 6 passes? That’s too much dough for a set, even with coaching. There’s better options than that in FL. My humble opinion.
  • BoozeBooze Posts: 386 Solid Baller
    @Buoyhead69 - same $$ at Cory's.
  • dvskierdvskier Posts: 487 Crazy Baller
    @Buoyhead69 $75 is typical for the ski schools I have attended in FL for a coached set, Rinis, The Boarding School.
    Horton
  • skihackerskihacker Posts: 310 Baller
    $75 is upper und but not unusual, some place will do coached or non-coached which can save some $$.
    Wow really? I use Eden near Fort Myers. I believe it’s $55. If you buy a package it knocks it down more. They had a Nautique and Response last year (the Nautique had to go into the shop at one point). I heard they got a new Prostar this year but not confirmed. Good people, Prissy & Arthur are great.
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 729 Crazy Baller
    Eden isn’t even in the same league as Hobe Sound.
    Hobe Sound also has the new 2019 Ski Nautique
    Kdinger838
    For $75 per set I’d expect it to be superior.
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 729 Crazy Baller
    It is.
  • C5QuestC5Quest Posts: 262 Baller
    $75 a set? Is that with instruction I hope? If so that on par with everyone else
  • santangelosantangelo Posts: 175 Solid Baller
    Yes, $75 per set gets you Wim in a 2019 Nautique.
    Ed_Johnsonbkreisski6jonesaupatking
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,451 Administrator
    $75 per set with Wim is not expensive

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

WaterSkier12aupatkingskierjp
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,968 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Price per set depends on where you are at, for some people $75 is way too much for others that are improving and moving into real short line it is a bargain, I will be honest I would love to ski with Wimm, but would I get that much out of it, not sure that I would.
    I am not talking about Wimm but there are people that ask $$$ that are not really that good at coaching, other people have knowledge and know how to convey it can be a better choice for some, some of the best coaching I have received has been from people that are passionate about the sport.

When The Going Gets Tough, Just Do Less !

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,937 Mega Baller
    I don't think $75 for a coached set particularly given Wim's reputation is unreasonable. Building a ski lake, keeping a current boat, gas and other expenses aren't cheap. The price is certainly in line with other well known coaches.

Mark Shaffer
    jcampWaterSkier12