Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you donate / contribute to an all female the pro cash prize event?

HortonHorton Posts: 25,665 Administrator
edited September 28 in Other Stuff
Would you donate / contribute to an all female the pro cash prize event?

This is not a commitment. Just a straw poll.

Would you donate / contribute to an all female the pro cash prize event? 45 votes

I am all for ladies skiing but would not donate
17%
ScarletArrowskidawgDragoGarnIlivetoskioldmanskierIronR1riplash 8 votes
Yes I would chip in $10 - $25
13%
brodydvskiingdbskiZmanadkh2oskierz_skier 6 votes
Yes I would chip in $26 - $50
20%
eleeskiKelvinmcskier41jipster43TaperflexDavidPskigirlBill22Boo 9 votes
Yes I would chip in more than $50
20%
HortonskiepMarkTimmeyepeelerski4xtcmmosley899jetpilotg4dnewtongrantbarnett 9 votes
I would chip in $10 - $25 if ½ the funds went to a something like cancer research
6%
RazorRoss3IGski86Centurion 3 votes
I would chip in $26 - $50 if ½ the funds went to a something like cancer research
2%
bikesrus 1 vote
I would chip in more than $50 if ½ the funds went to a something like cancer research
20%
skibugChef23RichardDoaneThan_BogangreghayesGolfguyRAWSkiOrlando76Kimbymon 9 votes

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

Comments

• WishWish Posts: 7,316 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    3 event or just slalom. Head to head? Night?
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,320 Mega Baller
    I would chip in $10 - $25 if ½ the funds went to a something like cancer research
    I was going to say that I wouldn’t personally fund a women’s pro event and that if I were to donate to cancer research I would make a pure donation so that 100% of my contribution went to the research. But realizing that a large scale event can make a much greater contribution than I personally can to any given cause I would consider contributing to an event of any format if it was enabling a meaningful contribution to charity.
    RichardDoane
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,043 Mega Baller
    I would chip in more than $50 if ½ the funds went to a something like cancer research
    Pretty sure I'd go more than $50 either way, but I'd consider something much bigger if combined with a charity.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    RichardDoane
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,665 Administrator
    edited September 28
    There is one prominent Baller who is working me to put on an all-female slalom pro event. I 100% support the idea in principle but I am worried about the opportunities to raise enough money to get the best women in the world to show up.

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,623 MM Trick Skier / Eccentric Person
    If it's real and you are serious, you can count on my check. And my support if you need a judge.

Women skiers rock. Note that the top male tricker in the last junior world championships would have placed fourth in a combined event. Will there be a tricks event?

Eric
    RichardDoanerodecon
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,665 Administrator
    edited September 28
    @eleeski I would be happy to do tricks but I think we're talking about a slalom to start with. I will send you an invoice.

RichardDoane
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 3,976 Mega Baller
    bump
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 745 Crazy Baller
    Unfortunately Having a son with Cystic Fibrosis I Struggle donating to any other than the CF Foundation. Would really love to see more approaches like what @theboardingschool did with a non-tournament tournament for Mark Boender.
    matt_bDaveDKimbymon
  • mcskier41mcskier41 Posts: 40 Baller
    For sure would donate.
    Should I write the check payable directly to Regina?
    HortonKeith MenardRichardDoane
  • KimbymonKimbymon Posts: 12 Baller
    @Orlando76 I hope your son is thriving. I too have Cysfic Fibrois and am 44yo. Water skiing keeps me healthy and happy.
    DragoOrlando76MISkierDaveD