Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

where to ski Palm springs area

vicvic Posts: 16 Baller
Sunset ranch near Palm springs has ski lake need someone with boat who wants to ski in Jan thru Mar. 2019. A group of people would be great as they only rent the lake. I this does not work out any body got an idea where to get a tow to ski in this area.

Comments

• LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 354 Crazy Baller
    Id be interested in a few weekend trips down there.
    gregy
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,624 MM Trick Skier / Eccentric Person
    PM me.

Eric
    shansen345
  • vicvic Posts: 16 Baller
    will its nice to see I have a couple of people interested. however no one with a boat yet. I was hoping someone located in the area would be willing to provide tow. I am willing to pay.
    lkb
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,624 MM Trick Skier / Eccentric Person
    @vic OK, I only have 2 running boats. Both have ZO. My lake is glass whenever I'm looking at it without a driver. PM me.

Skiing in the low desert in winter is a challenge. We do get some awesome weather - but it's warm for only an hour or two. In the heart of winter it's glass if there isn't a storm. If there's a storm, go snow skiing at Big Bear. Spring starts in March but the winter has less wind. It never rains but every weather disturbance anywhere turns into a windstorm in the desert. Honestly, San Diego winter skiing is more reliable but there will be hot air, warm water and glass in February at my lake. Guaranteed.

It sucks when I don't have a driver on those day(s!)

Eric
    jipster43
    Sounds like we can work this out Eric I will be in the Palm Springs area from early January to Late March. I ski in Canada until November Water Temperature as low as 45 and air around 35 so the cool days in your area are not going to bother me that's why I have wetsuit. Would you send me email address so we can arrange this. Mine is [email protected]
    eleeskiS1Pitts
    I will get in contact with eleeski in January when I am in the Palm Springs Area and see what skiing I can get. Found a place that rents a tow put it charges 250 for 2 hours {not by the set} so I would need 4 or 5 skiers to make it cost effective. I am not capable of skiing 5 sets in that time. I did ski last year at Cal. Great Lakes for 50 per set and the operator was very good. I will be going back to him again this year even if I find a good place closer to Palm Springs.