Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When the buoys are gone.

A_BA_B Posts: 3,991 Mega Baller
edited October 14 in Other Stuff
Pulled the course today. Nothing else better to do than send some lead down range.

Bill22ISP6ballkeithh2oskierswc5150MZitoSkoot1123Bruce_Butterfield

Comments

• MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,741 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    +1 on that! Shot my first outdoor match since early June today! Looking forward to cooler weather...
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,455 Crazy Baller
    edited October 15
    @A_B we need to hangout sometime

Edit: don’t you know that you are supposed to take the picture before you paint the steel. :D
    In gear. Hit It. Thank You!
    A_B
  • A_BA_B Posts: 3,991 Mega Baller
    @Bill22 yea but we we just setup and my ski bud and I thought it was a nice pic to close the ski season out with. He shoots in 3G competition and I shoot for fun. Just to the left out of frame is a 100+ yard shot we have been working on when the backhoe runs. We should have a little more time to work on that now.
    @A_B This is one of my first steel matches a few years back Steel match (turn volume down). It was a good run for me, not super fast but a fun stage. I think it was only 3-4 misses, those pesky dueling trees are much harder than they look.

A_Bandyr
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,741 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    3 gun and water skiing. An excellent combination if you wish to blow a lot of money on toys...
    Bill22NickD
    That is exactly why I never got into 3 gun. I only shoot pistol and slalom.
  • Fast351Fast351 Posts: 205 Baller
    @A_B I hope you're not shooting the rifle that close.

I shoot 3 gun, USPSA, and ski. Unfortunately the season is pretty much the same for all here in Minnesota (I don't shoot indoors, like my lungs too much). I need a winter hobby.
    Mike van Meeteren
  • WishWish Posts: 7,316 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    What is 3 gun?
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,233 Mega Baller
    @wish - slalom, trick, and jump. With a gun. Duh.
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
    Bill22A_BDaveDMDB1056
  • WayneWayne Posts: 421 Baller
    @Wish this should explain it https://www.3gunnation.com/

Essentially it requires that you are skilled at 3 firearm types (pistol, shotgun, rifle). It’s like 3 event skiing but with bullets.
    edited October 15
    Ha!!! This actually showed up on my FB feed hours before I even asked. Wasn't sure but guessing this is it as well. BTW..she's 13...WOW

Bruce_ButterfieldSkoot1123One_Skichris_logan
  • A_BA_B Posts: 3,991 Mega Baller
    @Wish I saw that before and posted it on my FB as well.

@Bill22 good shooting. I’ve looked at adding a tree before but I like to control the splatter and those look like they can go sideways a little more than I am comfortable with.

@Fast351 not our first rodeo. My friend added a red dot to his 7.62 and later shot from about 50 yards at paper on the plywood to get the site setup in the right zip code.

Another hour or two of backhoe work and we will have a nice 150-yard backstop to zero in on.

I’d like to setup a 600 yard shot at some point.

No doubt it can get expensive. I have 2 new skis in my AR. But it’s a sweet shooter.
    @A_B Ha!!! Now that I think if it...it was your post that I saw!!
    A_B
    edited October 22
    @A_B This is what it’s supposed to look like. This is a friend of mine, he’s not too slow, he earned his USPSA Master’s rating in Limited. The best stages are at 0:30 – 3:09.
    Link
    A_B
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,641 Mega Baller
    I want that little girl on my side in the zombie apocalypse.
    Mark Shaffer
    Bill22WishA_B
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 114 Baller
    Skiing and shooting are great fun and addictive but can leave you penniless! I'm only a pistol guy, but the costs for 3G competition are staggering . Ammunition costs for practice are huge, then high end ammo for competition. Would be great fun but I can't afford both. Will stick with skiing and pistols. 4 calibers is plenty
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,198 Mega Baller
    Try the Virtual Slalom Skiing app.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly