Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

off season projects

HortonHorton Posts: 25,685 Administrator
edited November 2 in Other Stuff

Small project #1

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

bishop8950

Comments

• oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,120 Mega Baller
    edited November 2
    Couple of them
    Just finished this - back half of a 68 C20 that I built a flatbed and stakesides for - need to get rid of a lot of leafs this weekend.

And the true winter project - 82 Kawasaki 750 LTD that is going to get a café racer type treatment. Needs all 4 carbs gone through and new tires, but otherwise is pretty decent mechanically.

And I have to clean the shop up, it looks like a pit in all those pictures ;)
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    bishop8950ToddF
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 2,856 Mega Baller
    @oldjeep - nice projects - similarly was going to do that to my R80/7 bimmer but decided to leave it be after driving a few cafe'd bikes that hadn't had the tanks modified they just didn't do it for me.

I've also been looking for a trailer like that to build a "PTO" drive trailer for use around my property - rear axle with PTO shaft up to the tractor and probably a few layers of belt drive reduction so that the trailer can really crawl its way out when loaded.

oldjeep
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,643 Mega Baller
    @BraceMaker if you want to come to Massachuse to pick it up I have an old pop up camper you could convert.
    Mark Shaffer
    @Bracemaker - that sounds like it would be fairly easy to do with a chopped off 3/4 or 1 ton pickup. The one I started with cost me $100 on craigslist. Had an 8ft bed on it, but it was junk.
    Chuck P
  • JetsetrJetsetr Posts: 136 Baller
    Building a 36 ft toy hauler conversion...5500 pound lift in the back, half race car hauler (or my Edge, dirt bikes, snowmobiles etc) half living quarters. Going on my Kenworth T-600 chassis. Adding 17 feet of frame, moving the drive axle back 12 feet and adding a 20K tag axle (for more braking power). 4th (and last) one I’ve built...
    oldjeepBruce_ButterfieldMISkier
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 749 Crazy Baller
    @Jetsetr we’re gonna need some pictures.
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 2,856 Mega Baller
    @Chef23 need an axle w diff, pop up campers are just really low capacity axles.

Here’s the jet truck...kind of a busy photo...was doing a display...
    Orlando76
    edited November 2

Here’s one with the body off...not too many people get to see it like this...
    Have the old motorhome body off my T-600 now, waiting on the tag axle and frame to arrive. Have the interior of the new body laid out, but it will probably change...
    oldjeepZmanBill22ToddF
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,254 Mega Baller
    Good luck @Horton , seems daunting.
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
    oldjeepBruce_Butterfield
    Seems like he's at that point where you just brush it all into the trashcan. That stuff all comes with new skis doesn't it?
    Chuck P
  • h2onhkh2onhk Posts: 235 Baller
    @oldjeep everything but the wing nuts
    oldjeep
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,685 Administrator
    edited November 3
    You guys make fun but I always use fresh stainless as soon as I get a tiny bit of corrosion. Plenty of skis came through my workshop so having a thorough and complete collection of Hardware is important.

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

edited November 3
    If you are getting corrosion with stainless then you need a better grade of stainless hardware. Look into 316 graded ss hardware.
    Chuck P
    eleeskigsm_peter
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,685 Administrator
    @oldjeep idk - I use the local nut and bolt store. I don't think it is crap stainless.

• ToddFToddF Posts: 489 Baller
    project one Finish a father son car project
    Project two finish phase two of my mountain bike park

bike park

DragooldjeepBill22Jetsetr
  • WishWish Posts: 7,317 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Continue skiing...what is off season?
    Lose 10-15 lbs ...hardest project
    Jet in 34 dock posts & build a railing
    Paint old truck.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • ToddFToddF Posts: 489 Baller
    @tel I envy that you have paint on your car :)
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 593 Crazy Baller
    I'm with @wish on the 1st 2.

Dreaming about having a place for the 3rd.....hopefully within the next couple years.
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 749 Crazy Baller
    I sent my 93 Ramlin trailer off to Ramlin for a full rebuild and modification. Paint trailer to match boat. That was the morning before my accident. In the meantime I was supposed to finish up some minor repairs and put removable platform brackets on my ‘76 Ski Nautique so I could get both boats in my garage by Dec 1. Thanks to my bum leg this has been put off even longer than I already have.