Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanted - Used Perfect Pass System

animalanimal Posts: 89 Baller
edited November 2018 in Stuff For Sale
I have a friend who is looking for a used Perfect Pass System for a 1999 Sport Nautique. Any referrals would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• JetsetrJetsetr Posts: 303 Solid Baller
    X2 on above....get something that works out of the box with support if need be....
  • KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 290 Crazy Baller
    edited November 2018
    If he needs pieces or parts getting used is OK. If buying a completely new setup, just get a new system. I tried to go cheap and purchased used components. By the time I got everything working it was a year later and I spent almost as much as just buying a completely new setup. If I had to do it again, I'd get a new Stargazer setup direct from PP.
    Bill22
  • animalanimal Posts: 89 Baller
    Thanks for the help. I will send them that way.
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,260 Mega Baller
    edited December 2018
    Perfect Pass has some of the best customer support you’ll ever find too. They are awesome to deal with and are really happy to help, as well as extremely knowledgeable of their product
    KRoundyKiller
  • foxriveratfoxriverat Posts: 521 Crazy Baller
    Same as most here. I looked for a used pp for my old supra for over a year. Found partials that would have cost near new to complete. Found 3 other guys in my search trying the same thing. We called pp and they gave the 4 of us a better deal then I ever would have imagined on 4 new stargazer systems.
    2000 Malibu Response LX 2016 66 lithium vapor
    ALPJrKRoundy
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 1,050 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I had everything given to me except the servo and bracket and wire harnesses. I bought those new and figured it out at the time if I hadn’t been given the parts that were given to me that I was better off $ wise buying all brand new.
  • DWDW Posts: 2,010 Mega Baller
    @animal: If you want to try to piece together by going used, try Great Lakes Skipper, Ski it Again and of course an ebay search as options. Used PP systems have become very hard to find and usually not complete when you do find them. If going via a non PP direct route, I suggest you become very familiar with the system so that you know how to piece it together. As noted, that route will take several hours to accumulate the knowledge on what you need and how to do it.
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,712 Mega Baller
    If you go great lakes skipper be aware most of their systems are dbw
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,177 Mega Baller
    I have a 6.5NG Master Module and all the timing bits laying around... but as others have said, by the time you buy the servo, gauge, wiring, etc, even if I gave it to you for free, you wouldn't be saving much if any $$$.
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 940 Crazy Baller
    Just drop a EX343 in there and put ZO on....:)
    BraceMakerjetpilotg4
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 1,050 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    ^^ they’re looking for a smooth pull and customer service.
    Bill22UWSkier
  • gapullingapullin Posts: 23 Baller
    Agree with the customer service comments above regarding PerfectPass. In my frequent experience, there is no better customer service I have encountered with any product supplier.