Time for healing.

ZmanZman Posts: 1,325 Crazy Baller
What body parts need fixing or healing for next season?

Comments

• RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 149 Baller
    Left hip, left shoulder down to elbow; feet hurt too. Sucks being sixty but regular skiing makes it all feel better!
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,325 Crazy Baller
    @Rednucleus I'm almost 65. Don't worry, it gets better.
    Rednucleus
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,343 Mega Baller
    Left knee needs replacement but life keeps getting in the way/
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    DanEGloersen
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,386 Mega Baller
    Plantar fasciitis in both feet. Right foot is nearly healed. Left foot is stubborn.

Right distal bicep tendon is painful at elbow. Some pain in the bicep itself, especially when flexing it, and additional light medial epicondylitis as well. Significant loss of bicep strength on that side.

Everything else is good.

Age 53.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • LZywicki1LZywicki1 Posts: 358 Crazy Baller
    Start rehab on my left shoulder Monday.
    First thing we get rid of the safety equipment
    Bruce_Butterfield
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 834 Crazy Baller
    2 weeks out posterior vitreous detachment after right eye impact from senseless OTF; big time acute floater.
    Never will learn; don't ski cold/shivering.
  • jayskijayski Posts: 702 Crazy Baller
    @MS all celebrated next year with a trip to Cottonwood to hang out and visit with @skidawg, @teammalibu and the rest of us!
    teammalibuMSskidawg
  • T_CT_C Posts: 118 Baller
    @thager when your knee gets in the way of life it will be time
    Mine is scheduled for Dec 12
    @T_C Wanted to do it in Oct., but an upgrade at work scheduled for Dec. just got pushed back.
  • david_quaildavid_quail Posts: 130 Baller
    More like “which ones don’t?”
    thagerDaveD
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,830 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    It appears I have some sort of issue with my neck, my arms keep going numb my little finger hurts a fair bit, apparently the xray shows some changes, MRI this Monday hoping some physio might sort the problem, not getting a lot of info at the moment.

"Just Give Me The Handle ! I Want To Ski !”

Glad you are on road to recovery! I haven't seen zippers like that since my dad had open heart surgery years ago. You have got to be one tough S.O.B!!!!!
    dchristmanJody_Seal
  • JetsetrJetsetr Posts: 215 Baller
    edited December 2018
    I’m just glad to wake up every morning...
    Life is short my friends...live large-what ever that means to each of you...
    bf`Zman
    After MRI looks like some injections, that's going to be a Pain In The Neck ! at least it is not what I thought it was Phew !.

• FraserFraser Posts: 41 Baller
    Had ACL reconstruct and Meniscus "fix" December 7. Feeling really good considering. Need to figure out my skiers elbow for next season too...that one is a pain in the $%&*. Time for a focused PT over the next 5 months.
  • vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 387 Solid Baller
    Waiting for the fusion in my foot to finish healing, then rehab time.
    I hope that anybody that is considering taking up the sport of water skiing is not reading this threat Ha Ha !
    Hope all you Guy's and Gals out there doing the hard grind to get well enough to ski next season all the success that you deserve.

• ZmanZman Posts: 1,325 Crazy Baller
    @Stevie Boy I wish I would have stated "no pictures". Lol
    Yea, this may be scaring away the faint of heart. Although, other threads on here have shown much worse. I have intentionally not posted my ugly ones. :)
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,089 Mega Baller
    Sorry, @Zman :smile: A picture is worth a thousand words, and I do have a thousand word skiing related story that goes along with it. Of course skiing didn't lead to my condition so it should dissuade no one from doing it. In fact if it wasn't for my passion for skiing, an insightful observation from a driver at a tournament, and an unknowing nudge from a post on BOS I might be in a quite different position right now!
    Is it time to ski, yet?
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 834 Crazy Baller
    @dchristman thought maybe Camille broke your heart. Good tha you have a fresh blood supply!
    dchristman
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,986
    edited December 2018
    Stitches out yesterday. Dealt with scare over clots/DVT, too. But that turned out to be a false alarm, thankfully. I've got 2 more weeks fully non weight bearing on my left foot. After that in a boot for 4 weeks. Then will start rehab.

Shane "Crash" Hill

@BoneHead You do know that's your left foot? No wonder you can't dance!!
    Bruce_ButterfieldWaterSkier12
  • DaveDDaveD Posts: 731 Crazy Baller
    edited December 2018
    @BoneHead that looks like Elephantiasis. 😀
  • WaterSkier12WaterSkier12 Posts: 234 Baller
    Let’s see Bonehead, ankle scope, Brostrum and great toe cheilectomy?
    That’s a lot of surgery at one time on ur “right” foot, hate to see ur left🙊🙉🙈🤪
    m_pags
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,986
    Oops. Yes, Left foot. No idea why the hell I typed right. lol

@waterskier12 You're close. Add in a chevron osteotomy, too. I was on the table a LONG time. The ATFL was way worse than he expected, as was the cartilage degeneration in my metatarsal joint. He said I made him work as hard as he's had to save for the car accidents or falls from 2+ stories.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 387 Solid Baller
    @BoneHead, that's some crazy wound where your osteotomy was. Looks like the stitches could have stayed in for a bit longer. Here's what mine looked like when they took stitches out two weeks post op, excuse the marker since I hadn't washed it yet.

I've gone through this a couple times now. First was microfracture for a couple holes in the cartilage of my metatarsal head and a closing wedge osteotomy of my toe that was to reduce pressure on that joint. Microfracture worked great, osteotomy was useless since my real problem was a hypermoble first tarsometatarsal joint. That's what I had fused this time along with some bones shaved down that had built up.