Ski for free - 2019 Nautique Swervin' Weekends

skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 520 Crazy Baller
For the third year in a row Nautique, HO, and AWSA along with several promo team members are supplying boats, skis, lakes, pro team coaching, lunch and t-shirts completely for free. I read a lot of posts here with skiers complaining about access to skiing. If you want to learn to ski for the first time or improve your skills with excellent equipment, conditions, and coaching, all you have to do is sign up at this link. If you are anywhere close to St. Louis and sign up for the Jerseyville, IL location, you will be skiing with me on a private ski lake, but there are 18 sites across the country, hopefully one is close to you. I have read lots of comments on this forum about lack of access to good water and also lots who have never had an opportunity to ski behind the new Ski Nautique. Here is your chance.
Than_BoganNot_The_PugDWLZywicki1Bill22IGskirobmollysilverlakeObrienslalomskierjpswc5150DaveDRivvyKeith MenardskialexBuoyChaser

Comments

• bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 918 Crazy Baller
    Say it isn’t so..... Something free in waterskiing? Hooray for Nautique!
    BuoyChaser
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,114 Mega Baller
    Come on down to Katy Texas May 4th and 5th.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
    ToddLBuoyChaser
  • escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 595 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Very cool for Nautique to do this. Bummer they don't have a stop in Utah but...I get it...we are a pretty small market.
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,030 Mega Baller
    edited February 20
    @skiinxs why is there nothing scheduled for the state of Washington ?
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    Sharkjipster43Mike
  • Cooper_TrelawneyCooper_Trelawney Posts: 65 Baller
    I'll be in Katy, TX May 4th with my 7 yr old. Thanks @nautique and @Kelvin. We already look forward to it!
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 520 Crazy Baller
    @RichardDoane I can't really comment on details that I know nothing about, but for each Swervin' weekend a promo team member has to secure a suitable site that is willing to dedicate the weekend to the event. The weekends are a lot of work for the host, but after hosting for the last two years I can say they are very rewarding. It is a lot of fun watching skiers at all levels learn, but it is really special when the kids get up on skis for their first time. I encourage everyone who has kids, or friends (or friends with kids:) that may be interested in skiing to give them the link and / or help them sign up. Call it the next level of an Ambassador program! We may sometimes take our top equipment and pristine lakes for granted. It is really nice to share them for a weekend!
    SharkRichardDoaneskierjp
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,424 Mega Baller
    edited February 22
    It was a MasterCraft promo weekend in Saranac Lake NY with Sherri Sloan in 1991 that sucked me back into the sport after a professional school and career induced lay off. The next time I saw Sherri was at LaPoint Ski Park a few years ago when she came to Orlando to see her friend Jennifer Leachman LaPoint go into the Hall of Fame. I introduced myself and said a profuse “Thank you.” I meant it.

Nate Smith will be in Saranac Lake this summer for a Swerving Weekend at Fogarty’s Lake Flower Marina (home of H2OPROSHOP. com). Different dealer, of course, but opportunities for a new batch of skiers.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    ALPJrlakeoBuoyChaser
  • blakeyatesblakeyates Posts: 120 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    We are having a Swervin’ weekend in GA this year. It’s in extreme NE part of the state; near NC & SC. I just picked up my ‘19 Ski Nautique so we’ll be ready to go. This lake is near Clarkesville, Tallulah Falls, Clayton, & Toccoa, GA.
    Blake Yates
    Nautique Promo Rep, GA
    skierjpOSUwaterskier
  • WaterSkier12WaterSkier12 Posts: 240 Baller
    Which lake Blake?
    Never mind, just saw it, we’ll be in Jasper then, have fun!
    @WaterSkier12, sorry you guys can’t make it. We’ll “Swerve” you guys closer to home. :)
    Blake Yates
    Nautique Promo Rep, GA
    👍🏻👍😎
  • Greg BanishGreg Banish Posts: 107 Baller
    Bummer. Website link for registration wouldn't work for me. I checked back a few days later and it's "sold out" here in Michigan. I had a GREAT time skiing with Jeff and Nate last year, so it sucks to miss it this time.
    Obrienslalom
  • HighAltitudeHighAltitude Posts: 131 Baller
    Thanks to @skiinxs for posting! Just signed up for the Colorado stop. Cant wait!
  • JbossJboss Posts: 64 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I just signed-up for the 8/31 date in the Chicagoland area. WOO HOO! Can't wait!
    Rednucleus
    Have any other Swervers signed up for our GA event? We’ll be putting out a portable slalom course and we’ll probably have a Crossover boat too; probably a Nautique GS22.
    Blake Yates
    Nautique Promo Rep, GA
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 520 Crazy Baller
    28 slots filled, 12 left in Jerseyville, IL (St. Louis area). If you want to come, get one before we are full!
  • JbossJboss Posts: 64 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @skiinxs I'm signed up for the event at Waters Edge in Wilmington, IL. St. Louis is a little too far of a drive for the weekend. Is anyone else here planning to attend the Wilmington event?
    Our GA Swervin’ event got cancelled for this past weekend due to bad weather. We have re-scheduled it for August 24-25th at the same location. Log on to Nautique.com and click on events then choose Swervin’ weekend and scroll down to GA in order to sign up.
    Blake Yates
    Nautique Promo Rep, GA
  • 2Valve2Valve Posts: 132 Baller
    looking forward to my set with Nate in July.
    2V
  • 75Tique75Tique Posts: 41 Baller
    edited June 11
    Unfortunately, last I heard ( I believe in the other thread) that Nate will not be doing his Swervin' appearances. Maybe if there are some later in the season, not sure. Too bad, I enjoyed my session with him last year. Mine is in a couple weeks in Raleigh with Ryan Dodd. Looking forward to it. Wondering if our promo guy has a new Ski Nautique. Last 2 years he had a 200. Have not yet seen/experienced the new Ski.
    “So, how was your weekend?”
    “Well, let me see…sun burn, stiff neck, screwed up back, assorted aches and pains….yup, my weekend was great, thanks for asking.”
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 687 Crazy Baller
    @75Tique Yes Victor has the new Ski Nautique. All our Promo Boats are the new Ski Nautique.
  • 75Tique75Tique Posts: 41 Baller
    Sounds good Jim. Looking forward to seeing/skiing it. Like I said in my earlier post way up in the thread, have really enjoyed the events in the past.
    “So, how was your weekend?”
    “Well, let me see…sun burn, stiff neck, screwed up back, assorted aches and pains….yup, my weekend was great, thanks for asking.”
  • jriester33jriester33 Posts: 14 Baller
    Just booked an afternoon session at Lake Elmo, MN on 9/1. Stoked to ski with Erika! Thanks Nautique!
  • TomHTomH Posts: 7 New Baller
    I'm in on the MN one as well with my wife (but need to fix the reservation as I managed to sign up for different days...). I'm pretty damn excited to try out some skis as the squirreling money away for a lake house has left me on some old gear for a long time.
    jriester33
  • jriester33jriester33 Posts: 14 Baller
    @TomH Awesome, it should be a lot of fun! Are you doing 8/31 or 9/1?
  • TomHTomH Posts: 7 New Baller
    @jriester33 9/1 is the plan. It'll be a little weird being back on Lake Jane, as I lived right over there growing up, so spent a ton of time on the three lakes there through college and beyond. Nice to see they lifted the no wake before noon rules there.