Ryota JordanlpskierjayskiskihartskialexRobballsohard

Comments

• Ryota Ryota Posts: 101 Baller
    Same here...
    I do this every single my on side turn.
    I’m tired of it.. ugh

s
  • LobonatorLobonator Posts: 55 Baller
    I do that all the time on my on side. I feel like I over reach with my handle and then it's all downhill from there. Anybody have any tips on improving this?
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 747 Mega Baller
    @Lobonator One thing that helps me keep my head and shoulders level is to think about reaching really high with the handle. I try to reach higher than my head, but of course even when I do it well it doesn't go that high, but just about right.
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,062 Mega Baller
    Don't be so negative on that turn...Mike the "Mad Swede" made that work for a long time!
    Andre
  • dvskierdvskier Posts: 396 Crazy Baller
    He was a beast!
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,299 Mega Baller
    @jcamp I try to think of reaching "forwards" which combines with seems to keep me from reaching downwards while also preventing me from trying to grab with my other hand prematurely.
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,174 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I bet driving Kjellander was a beast as well, with throttle feeding and hand timing.
    Scott Calderwood
  • LobonatorLobonator Posts: 55 Baller
    @jcamp I'm gonna have to give that a try when I'm out on the water next. I think I'm probably reaching down towards the boat too much, resulting in my dropped shoulder
    jcamp
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,415 Mega Baller
    Actually, Kjellander was a surprisingly smooth pull. Carried speed through the turn.
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
    swc5150
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,751 Mega Baller
    I googled Mike Kjellander videos last night. Good good especially the '86 tourney from Georgia on ESPN
  • UCFskierUCFskier Posts: 22 Baller
    try palm up in the turn... not just up and to the boat, but actually rotate the wrist to have the palm facing forward or better yet up!
    skihartjcamp
  • lakeaustinskierlakeaustinskier Posts: 341 Solid Baller
    Mike Kjellander story. I was at a Pro tournament in the 80's in Dallas/Fort Worth. Weird site. Essentially a concrete drainage ditch that was wide enough and deep enough to ski - but very wind protected. My buddy and I were walking up the canal and in the distance we noticed a large blonde guy splayed out across a Pontiac Grand Am. Pretty obvious that he either didn't feel good or was still hung over. We were joking that the guy looked exactly like Mike Kjellander. We got closer and sure enough - it was Kjellander.

In the end I guess it really didn't matter how he felt since I'm pretty sure he won the tournament.
    Ted Thomson, Austin Texas, Aquaplex
    gsm_peterCooper_TrelawneyJordan
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,991 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    About the only similarity for me with that pic is we both wear Pro locks.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • whitem71whitem71 Posts: 29 Baller
    edited March 10
    Just why did skiers of yesteryear allow their heads & shoulders to drop (especially the ladies of the 70/80’s), but nowadays everyone is able to keep level? I’m guessing it’s because today’s skis turn much easier and you don’t have to force it round with your body. Or is it just better coaching?
    phauswirth
  • Drew_Wright_OBXtoFlDrew_Wright_OBXtoFl Posts: 29 Baller
    Could it be he is letting the ski finish then turn and the hooking up vs. reaching early forcing the turn creating slack. That turn is amazing