2017 Mastercraft Prostar up for auction

CU_SKICU_SKI Posts: 14 Baller
The Clemson Ski Team is selling their 2017 Mastercraft Prostar. We have our 2019 boat on the lift so now its time for the 2017 to find a new home. The school requires us to sell the boat through the Gov Deals auction site.

This is an amazing opportunity to get a boat this new for a price lower than you would find anywhere else. Please check out the posting at the link above and feel free to ask any questions about the boat
JWebSkiKeith MenardvtjcMattPBroussardchris_logan

Comments

• LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 461 Crazy Baller
    those ugly reg# on a beautiful boat !
  • DWDW Posts: 1,950 Mega Baller
    I can't believe you guys didn't get a red one, sorry couldn't help that, LOL.
  • CU_SKICU_SKI Posts: 14 Baller
    @LoopSki yes the unfortunate requirements of public lakes
    This auction closes tomorrow 4/2 3:00 PM ET
    The current bid is only $31,400. You will not find a 2 year old boat for anywhere close to this price anywhere else. If you are looking at getting a new boat but do not want to spend new boat prices, this is for you.
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,351 Mega Baller
    I don't think that the state requires you to use mailbox numbers ;)
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    Tom351MS
  • skimtbskimtb Posts: 202 Baller
    edited April 1
    Will be interesting to see where this ends up. What is the “damage” on the right side?
    Good luck to you and team on sale, assume to get $$ for next one...
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 6,014
    @skimtb Looks like a scratch in gell coat. Pretty easily fixed.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

@skimtb When putting in the boat, the trailer was put in too deep and the boat scratched against the top of a guide poll. The damage is just a gel coat scratch
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 752 Mega Baller
    That scratch looks terrible. The boat is completely totaled. Do not bid on it.
    jayskiBill22
  • MC35MC35 Posts: 1 New Baller
    Do you have more pics of the Pro star
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,372 Mega Baller
    @oldjeep Seen UK boat registrations?

@MC35 is there a specific area you would like to see?
  • KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 244 Baller
    edited April 2
    That is a screaming good deal right now. Does it have any options? It looks pretty bare-bones. No bow cover, no carpet, etc... Bimini? Heater?
    Only Options appear to be Stereo and left side ski rack. And a cover... good price for basic ski tug right now.
    @KRoundy it does not have a bimini or heater. Options include Fusion stereo, port side ski racks, PTM edge VR-100 mirror, cover, trailer with spare tire
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 573 Crazy Baller
    It seemed to sell for just about the right price all things considered. Just shy of $50K.
  • DavidNDavidN Posts: 227 Solid Baller
    Slightly above $53k, if you add the 7.5% sales tax.
    Good for the Clemson Ski Team.
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 573 Crazy Baller
    There seems to be a sales tax and a service fee already included included?

• aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,171 Mega Baller
    What Baller bought it? I want a set
    KRoundy
  • DavidNDavidN Posts: 227 Solid Baller
    @RAWSki - you are right, my bad.
    Gar
  • HortonHorton Posts: 26,939 Administrator
    Ignoring the reality of the sales tax - 50k for a 2 year old 620 hr ProStar strikes me as close to fair market value. ($43,800 is stupid cheap but that is not what the real cost out the door was.)

As I'm contemplating if the price is a little low or little high I'm wondering if anybody has ever tried to chart how the value of any boat decreases per 100 hours? If you told me you got a 300 hr base ProStar for 57k I would call that plausible but a very good deal.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

KRoundy
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,183 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Conversely, I've been wondering the value of my 26 hour '15 Prostar, that also has 3 years of warranty remaining. What are these factors worth in the market. I'm struggling with the idea of perhaps selling it, for the obvious reason that it spends its life sitting in my garage. It's never even spent a night AT the lake, let alone in the lake.
    Scott Calderwood
  • HortonHorton Posts: 26,939 Administrator
    @swc5150 I picked up my 19 about 8 weeks ago & it already has 17 hrs

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• MSMS Posts: 5,094 Mega Baller
    Why the tax on Private sale? Don’t you pay the taxes in your own state when you register?
    Shut up and ski
    oldjeep
  • LarsLars Posts: 140 Baller
    @MS even private party auto sales in MN have sales tax added when you go to transfer the title. A little bogus since the PO already paid sales tax when they bought it. Guessing its the same in SC.
    edited April 3
    @Lars - cars do, but private party boat sales do not. One of the neat things about MN law. It has to do with the DNR not being a taxing authority, so only used boats bought at a dealer pay any sales tax.
    Chuck P
    Lars
    edited April 3
    Same in MI. Pay at registration. New or used (although my experience is all used, including out of state). If the same boat sold every year, they would keep getting 6% each year as is slowly decreases value. Seems a bit off when you think about it.... our roads should be better!
    Edit- I think I get @MS question better now. If you are not keeping it in state, you shouldn’t have to pay tax. That would be real bad, pay it there then pay full tax in your home state too.
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,183 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Horton it'll take me 2 more years to add 17 hours at my current rate. But every time I drive it, it feels like the 1st time all over again:)
    Scott Calderwood
    Horton
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,071 Mega Baller
    Dude, get a different job or move....life's short baby!
    oldjeep
    No kidding. Even in MN not living on a lake we are putting 40-50 a season on
    Chuck P