How many G forces

Someone who knows how many G forces slalom skiers can be exposed to at most in the course?

Comments

• Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,303 Mega Baller
    Yep. I'm not sure any truly careful measurements have been made, but 2 Gs is a number that has been produced by a variety of approximate measurements as well as by some semi-intelligent modelling that I did a long time ago.

So I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in that range for a "good" skier, say running -35 at 36. A bit more for a top level skier, and much, much less for a newcomer to course skiing.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • Greg BanishGreg Banish Posts: 115 Baller
    @Than_Bogan I would argue that a "good" skier might sand some of the acceleration spikes off the edges compared to someone just barely making the same pass. So I would find it believable that even lower skill levels see elevated G's during a run, just not intentionally or necessarily to make that particular pass.
    gsm_peter
  • gavskigavski Posts: 180 Baller
    Big Aaron Larkin had his telemetry measured a few years back.. at 32’[email protected], he measured 3G..
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,970 Mega Baller
    From the pros I have skied and worked with they always said they measured 4G at short line 36mph.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file