Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extremely sad news - Ed Brazil

HortonHorton Posts: 27,448 Administrator
edited April 26 in News & Other Stuff
I am very sad to announce that I just received news that Ed Brazil passed away today.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Comments

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,937 Mega Baller
    That is very sad. I hadn't heard he was ill. I know I have seen him posting on here in the last few weeks.
    Mark Shaffer
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,448 Administrator
    edited April 26
    @Chef23 believe it was sudden. Suspected heart failure. Of course this just happened so any assumptions are premature.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• APBAPB Posts: 242 Baller
    😢
  • ISP6ballISP6ball Posts: 175 Baller
    Terrible news. A great loss for his family, friends, and the baller community.
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,269 Mega Baller
    Agreed @Chet He taught a lot of us a lot of waterski and life lessons! Wonderful guy. He will he missed. Prayers to his friends and family.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,397 Mega Baller
    Wow. It seem impossible. He's been a fixture in New England waterskiing since lonnnng before I got involved. It will be very strange without him.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    GaryWilkinsonbkreisPat M
  • rfarfa Posts: 246 Baller
    This is terrible news...many memories in MA and NY over the years. RIP good man!
    Rui Afonso
    bkreis
  • Cooper_TrelawneyCooper_Trelawney Posts: 86 Baller
    I never met him but he gave so much of himself to the sport of water skiing and did a lot of the hard lifting during the pro-tour era and earlier days. I always looked forward to Ed's posts because he was the biggest encyclopedia on water skiing on the face of the Earth. I learned a lot from him.
    R.I.P. Ed Brazil. You will be missed even by those you never knew.
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,218 Crazy Baller
    edited April 26
    We've just lost a lot of waterski history...very sad.
    RIP Ed!
    Always appreciated the stories and your memory.
    WishJody_Seal
  • WishWish Posts: 7,754 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    😞....🙏s to his family and friends.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 927 Mega Baller
    edited April 26
    I didn't know Ed well but I was fortunate enough to meet him when he was surveying in the LaPoint Ski Park course in 2013. Very sad news, seemed like a great guy.

ScarletArrowNandobkreis
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,155 Mega Baller
    edited April 26
    That man forgot more about the sport than I'll ever know. Major loss. Will be thinking of him next time I'm on the water.
    Cooper_TrelawneyDrago
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,503 Mega Baller
    Oh no! Ed, I miss you already.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 955 Mega Baller
    Great contributor on BOS. Praying for his family.
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas
  • NandoNando Posts: 496 Crazy Baller
    That's very sad news. I was his water guy for setting courses for several pro tour events, which was fun work. My lasting memory of him is standing behind the total station with a pile of empty beer and soda cans around him. A legend lost...
    Cooper_Trelawney9400Steven_Haines
  • Cooper_TrelawneyCooper_Trelawney Posts: 86 Baller
    I wonder if there is a way to pull together some of his stories, memories, insights and comments into one thread.
    jipster43Steven_HainesBlueSki
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,503 Mega Baller
    Word is that he was found on the ground outside his trailer. He lived at McCormick’s Ski School the last few years. Close to the sport and people he loved. No word on a cause of death. RIP Ed.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    Drago
  • KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 272 Solid Baller
    That is sad news. RIP, Ed.
  • Waterskier41Waterskier41 Posts: 7 New Baller
    Sad news
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 664 Crazy Baller
    edited April 27
    Oh man that is so sad. Never met the guy but he was always heavily involved in Waterski Magazine (Regular issues and Boat Buyers Guides), Pro Tour events, etc. Obviously a top mover and shaker on the Waterski scene for just about ever! RIP Ed.
  • JordanJordan Posts: 1,152 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited April 27
    Oh no, I am so very sorry to hear this. I used to really enjoy Ed's posts. When you read them, not only could you tell that he was a great guy, but I always felt he was the keeper of the history of our sport. His stories and memories always brought a smile to this skier's face!

Long may you run Ed!
    Cooper_TrelawneyBlueSkiaupatking
  • GaryWilkinsonGaryWilkinson Posts: 323 Solid Baller
    Met him only once at a pro meet in the 80’s.

The whole setup crew bowed to his knowledge and expertise. I remember Ed being so friendly and personable to everyone he met.

While we wish him rest, I’m sure he’s in his happy place setting up the best courses and seeing the results.
    I need to ski back to the handle obviously.
    aupatking
  • ESPNSkierESPNSkier Posts: 138 Baller
    Such sad news as we just lost a living legend! I only met him once when I did some diving to help put in the course on Lake Lawne in Orlando for a Pro Tour stop. It was a very memorable couple of days for sure!
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,531 Mega Baller
    When I first met Ed, it felt like he was an old friend. Rest In Peace
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
    JordanMoffattra
  • Pat MPat M Posts: 666 Crazy Baller
    Whenever I had an issue with my course he came out to shoot it and straighten things out. We will be lost without him. Most fond memory was in 2007 he reshot my course and installed 55s and moved some turn balls - after we sat in my kitchen drinking beers and telling stories. He always asked about how things were going with my course at every tournament I saw him at. Really enjoyed his company. Definitely a loss to many, especially to us who knew him well up in New England
  • MoffattraMoffattra Posts: 62 Baller
    Very sad news. Only met him a few times yet regularly find myself thinking of him and re-telling his stories.
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,277 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Gigga......
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!