Potentiometer

jimskijimski Posts: 331 Baller
Does any one have a old style potentiometer for a 2007 or newer PCM 343 they would like to sell

Thanks

Comments

• Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,605 Mega Baller
    Aw yes seems this is PCM Achilles heal.
    I had two new ones on the shelf (new old stock) and had a customer boat needing one. Both were failed.
    You probably will have to bite the bullet and get the livorsi replacement and have a dealer update the ECM.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• jimskijimski Posts: 331 Baller
    Thanks @Jody_Seal
    That’s what it’s looking like. I just live so far from and dealer that it’s a PITA
    I swapped the one out of my 210 for now
    It’s sitting anyway.
  • buechsrbuechsr Posts: 23 Baller
    a little off topic but I recently replaced engine in a 2007 SN with a new longblock and needed both a new ECM and potentiometer (new design). PCM says flash on new ecm should be ok w the new potentiometer. 3 hours on boat now, runs strong and "normal" but after a run on plane, will sputter and eventually die at idle. When fired back up will idle normally. If an Indmar, clearly would be a bad IAC valve, but on PCM there is no such part (that I can tell). Any thoughts? All fuel filters clean and new. any thoughts appreciated.
    The new potentiometer operates under different voltages from what I understand
    So the ECM goes into limp mode is this correct @Jody_Seal @buechsr
    edited May 11
    @Jody_Seal where can I get A diacom cable that has dealer capabilities the one I have from rinda is locked and won’t update the ECM
    I’m guessing it’s dealer specific