Swiss Pro Slalom is this weekend!

ROBOTROBOT Posts: 104 Administrator
There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive, the Alliance is threatened.
Wishchris55

Comments

• WishWish Posts: 7,676 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Wow. What a great production. Want to know how the in the water cam tracks the skier that well. Water drone?
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    bf`
  • skihartskihart Posts: 478 Solid Baller
    Amazing webcast. The quality is awesome and the views are fantastic.
    KillerEljaybee
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 753 Crazy Baller
    Did they start earlier this year? 930 am and 1st round woman already done.... When Nate set the pending world record it was starting to get dark, I'm not sure it will go that late this year.....?
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,414 Crazy Baller
    Totally awesome webcast! Cameras on the water, in the boat, in the air and shoreline!
    Nice mix of guest speakers to go along with good job by Tony.
    edited May 12
    I'll add to Zman ...not only that many cameras and angles but great work moving between them all seamlessly to keep the viewers interest way up. Each year it just gets better. Well done!!! Still wanna know how that water cam tracks considering it's a split second around the ball.

Oh and totally agree with Tony on the big presence of Conelly. What a come back from almost none not that long ago.
    CollinSpradlin
  • MichaelGoodmanMichaelGoodman Posts: 135 Baller
    Best skiing webcast I have seen and the only one I have been able watch
    for any length of time. Great job.
    Eljaybee
    Where are results posted?
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 753 Mega Baller
    Results here.
  • E_TE_T Posts: 594 extraterrestrial trouble maker
    E.T. phone home!
    I like reese's pieces

"Leave nothing on the dock"~AM
  • APBAPB Posts: 209 Baller
    such a great event! the webcast quality was so rad. i will say the pull meter didnt really do anything for me..... the skiers dont really seem to care either. chatting with the skiers throughout was great.

i would still love to see the w's prize $ be the same as the mens. $2500 each would be so easy as well as respectful to the women's field. that runoff was so good.
  • dvskierdvskier Posts: 416 Crazy Baller
    Agreed, this was the highest quality web cast that I have seen. Excellent commentary as Tony actually knew what he was talking about. Very well produced, I imagine it was expensive as they obviously had a lot of bandwidth available.
    such an insane site.
    Web
  • aspskiaspski Posts: 175 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Loved the webcast, so great having it on youtube so I could watch on my TV. Made for a beauty afternoon!
  • WebWeb Posts: 78 Baller
    Great event and webcast for certain. TGas was a scratch? Hope he is ok.
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,774 Mega Baller
    Excellent performances, announcing and video. Really enjoyed it!
  • BlueSkiBlueSki Posts: 602 Crazy Baller
    We skied in the cold and were home in time to watch the finals. The webcast was a great way to end the day. Well done to all involved.
    I felt bad for Tony there for a little while. His assessments of skier technique, equipment, and style was met with an apposing view and I have to say correct analysis from Drew Ross. Hats off to Drew for knowing his stuff and sharing his thoughts. Very knowledgeable and could easily be a good choice for announcing future events if he so chooses.
    WaterSkier12
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,006
    Thank you Tony so much for such great coverage. Especially loading it to U-Tube so we could review it on TV at our convenience. I would have missed it otherwise. Really enjoyed it and always learn something in the process...Thanks Again !!!

Loving the new ZO Rev. S Plus Mode C3+
    MISkierBill22DaveD
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,112 Crazy Baller
    Greatest.....skiing.....webcast......EVER!!!
    Congrats to all involve especially Tony for more then 11 hrs of commentary.Not an easy job to do!!!
    slalomAPBWishBill22
  • LakeOneSkierLakeOneSkier Posts: 254 Baller
    With yet another cold/rainy/windy Chicago day and day 2 of foot surgery recovery, I woke up in a crappy mood. But it could not have worked out any better; I spent the ENTIRE day with @TonyLightfoot and Swiss Pro Slalom on the big screen. Thanks guys for all your efforts to share some great skiing with us!
    Baller Index: -31.67
    @TonyLightfoot
    What are your upcoming webcasts?
    Awesome job!
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 527 Crazy Baller
    I agree on that being the best skiing production I have ever seen, even going way back to the network produced "Hot Summer Nights" shows. This is certainly on the right track to make it back to TV.
    ski4xtc
    I agree a very good 30-60 min broadcast could be made from that webcast.
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 313 Solid Baller
    @TonyLightfoot I started watching from the beginning, I live in Geneva and the whole webcast was really really great and "man alive" !!!! finally we had some great interviews with skiers. It was really nice to hear more about Dane etc...and the mix between you and Drew was awsome too, it was "organized" Drew would say !!!!
    Super job and looking forward for the next ones
    Quality was really good here in Geneva !!!!
    DaveD
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,774 Mega Baller
    Best thing to happen in the sport in quite some time.
    WishWaterSkier12TonyLightfoot
  • WaterSkier12WaterSkier12 Posts: 250 Baller
    2nd that! Great job by all involved!
    TonyLightfoot