Who is Dane Mechler?

ballsohardballsohard Posts: 191 Baller
edited May 12 in Other Stuff
I haven't heard of this lad but he's tearing it up at Swiss pro. What is his back story? (Also kudos to him for the awesome crash!)

Comments

• ozskiozski Posts: 1,636
    A young dude that runs -39 every time I see him ski, seems to be very consistent.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

ballsohardrandymeny
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,006 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Nice kid, Ohio native I believe. Saw him kill a bunch of 39s at skiwatch a few years back...CP n Regina were there too some serious skiing went down.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    ballsohardrandymeny
  • APBAPB Posts: 207 Baller
    He’s great.
    ballsohard
  • BlueSkiBlueSki Posts: 597 Crazy Baller
    If I understand correctly, he grew up practicing on Perfect Pass and winning on Zero Off.
    ballsohard
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 871 Mega Baller
    edited May 13
    He's been on the scene for a while. He's got the right stuff for sure. One of the most stylistic skiers I've ever seen ski. Back in 2015 I was at Bennett's with a buddy and he just happened to swing by for a set. Amazing to watch from the boat. I still watch the video of that set all the time. He had just won the Collegiate Nationals that year.

ballsohardJordanbishop8950randymeny
  • WishWish Posts: 7,671 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    He was the Pro in our 3 person ProAm team last year at Travers GrandPrix. Also saw him at Lake 38 every time I was up there. His ski style is second to none considering his scores and that he's rather short compaired to the current crop of pro men's skiers. I have a feeling his talents go beyond skiing. I don't think he missed a single clay during the skeet shoot at Travers.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    ballsohardJordanrandymeny
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 752 Mega Baller
    Dane is one of the best guys in the sport. Could very easily be a top pro if he decided not to pursue a business career but his talents go beyond skiing.
    JordanballsohardLieutenant Dan
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,441 Mega Baller
    2015 +/- collegiate slalom champ. If you get “The Water Skier,” he was on the cover the issue after his win (as I recall).
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    ballsohard