Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ZO Settings Moving from Rev Q to S

skinutskinut Posts: 410 Baller
edited May 30 in Boat Talk
I just installed Rev S and took my first set with the new software. I don’t hammer the boat when I hookup so I have been using B3 in Rev Q. I skied B2 with Rev S and never felt like I could get free of the boat. Any suggestions on what settings might work for me.

Comments

• MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,533 Mega Baller
    Possibly C1?
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,668 Mega Baller
    I have moved down from b2 to a3 with this revision. Have heard from others they wish that there were were a sub "A" as the new versions seems pretty firm across the board.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• TELTEL Posts: 296 Crazy Baller
    @Jody_Seal, I was thinking about upgrading my 08 196 to single puck and Rev S. but firmer feel is not what I am looking for.
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,214 Mega Baller
    Still on B1 after we switched
    Shut up and ski
  • DanEDanE Posts: 872 Crazy Baller
    @skinut Why did you change to B2 ?
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,094
    edited May 30
    I have to disagree, and so would my ski partners. Unless there is a big difference between boats and engines, and light skiers vs heavier skiers. My boat is a CC200 6L and Rev. S is the best thing since hand driving I have ever experienced. Especially the NEW Plus system. It picks you up smoother, accelerates you faster, and releases you smoother.

With Rev. Q & R I used B1+ and at least once a set would get pulled up out of position coming off the ball on my onside. Something quite common for 200 lb skiers....Since going to Rev. S + not one time ever has that happened. Also, I have gone from B1+ to C3+. If there was a C10+ then I would be trying that. All the Plus settings I tried picked you up and released you the same way. The only difference was the higher the letter and number, the faster it would accelerate you between hookup and release. I am really having to modify my style to take advantage of the faster Swing Speed you can develop. I NEVER EVER want to ski "Q" or "R" again.

Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
    Mick04
  • ktm300ktm300 Posts: 401 Baller
    Agreed @Ed_Johnson. I love the new plus mode. I bitched as much as anyone about ZO. The new plus mode feels AWESOME to me. Previously, ZO always felt like it was one step behind me and it beat me up. Thank you to any and all involved in developing the new plus mode!
    Ed_Johnson
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,460 Crazy Baller
    I thought only the Plus settings changed. At least from Rev R to Rev S.
    No?
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,533 Mega Baller
    @Zman, that is correct.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,668 Mega Baller
    edited May 30
    There ya have it ! A system and settings that fit all skiers. 18 settings?
    I run a3 now on any zo boat.. my skiing has changed..
    Just have heard suggestions from others. We need another 18 settings with letters like jumpers get!!
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

Bruce_ButterfieldWaterSkier12RAWSki
  • ScotChipman1ScotChipman1 Posts: 44 Baller
    If you have Rev S don't be afraid of the new plus setting, I only weigh 150lbs and have been using B3+, on Rev R I used B1. For me B3+ feels softer with Rev S then B1 felt with Rev R.
    ⇨ President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    ⇨ Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
    ⇨ My Instagram page, Facebook page
    Jody_SealTheBigHead
  • skinutskinut Posts: 410 Baller
    @DanE It was my first set and I figured B2 should be a good place to start.
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 664 Crazy Baller
    Anyone have the chart/graphing of how the different settings look?
    Also the chart that shows the actual times (0.6, 0.7, 0.8 etc seconds) that the ZO takes to pulse throttle, how long it holds and how long it takes to release?
    Would be cool to compare Rev R and Rev S times.
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,835 Infinite Pandas
    edited May 30
    B2 is never a good place to start! Start with A1 if you are light, transition from PP or want a smooth pull. Start with C3 if you are heavier, use PP with the switch or like a firm response to when you load the boat.

These are the start settings. Experiment and find what you like. Do try the + settings. If you end up at B2, great. But it is not a practical default, ZO just goes there for programming reasons. People might like ZO more if the program defaulted to A1.

Use C3 as the default for tricks. Nobody likes a springy rope - or boat.

Eric
    @Dacon62 depends on which boat and engine.
    Shut up and ski
    So I tried B3+. I weigh about 175 and try to be a smooth skier. The setting was better than B2. I will try the c settings and see how those are. One thing I noticed is ZO accelerates the boat right before it hits the 55's. I have found that I am getting more glide and have to pull out earlier than with Rev Q. I am assuming it is due to this throttle increase. Does this sound right? Do you have to adjust your gates with the Rev S?
    @skinut... I have to pull out about 5 feet earlier with S Plus, since it accelerates me more, and casts me out wider for the one handed gate.

• WaterSkier12WaterSkier12 Posts: 262 Baller
    How about a 100 pound B2 skier at 34 mph 28-32 off, currently using B2?
    Any thoughts?
    Tried A1+ I didn't notice the throttle response from ZO. It felt soft, in a good way.
    ScotChipman1
    Everyone I know that tries plus loves it!
    Ed_Johnson
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,446 Administrator
    no

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

WaterSkier12
  • GolfguyGolfguy Posts: 194 Solid Baller
    A credable sourse recently told me that Rev S plus elliminated the number system within the letter designation. In other words there are three settings A+,B+,C+ The numbers within the letter group have no barring on the control in the plus mode????
    @Golfguy I heard the same but then got this response from Will Bush. The “number ” functionality is still active in the ”+”.   In “+” mode, the obviously the gains (response rate) are much faster, such that speed may not drop as much compared to normal mode.  This could have an impact on the “numbers” (intensity of throttle response). Recall – the numbers are dictated by the intensity of the load the skier puts on the boat.
    I felt a big difference between C1+ and C2+. A lot less power cross course. Not much difference between C2+ and C3+.
    ScotChipman1
  • TELTEL Posts: 296 Crazy Baller
    Was thinking about making an up grade to my 08 196 to a single puck and REV S called the tech line at ZERO OFF. He said REV S would give a firmer pull. But would moving to a single puck and Q be worth it? The tech did say that the programs are built for each boat and engine combination, so my program would be different from a 200 with my same engine. Have skied new boats and feel more in rhythm. Not sure if it's the new boats, engine and ZO combination or would just the ZO up grade give me a closer feel. Damn ZO and fin tuning there is always something to keep use from just thinking about being stacked and weight on front foot.
    jimski
    Our water warmed up enough to start messing around with Plus.
    I am now a Plus guy but still need to dial in the setting. B1 and C1 both felt good.
    C3 was a bit rough and caught a bit of slack on A1.
    34.8 boat speed at gates.
    Shut up and ski
  • rockdogrockdog Posts: 554 Crazy Baller
    edited June 10
    I don't think there's enough settings to play with... time for Rev T.
    The_MS
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,531 Mega Baller
    @MS What was your previous setting?
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,460 Crazy Baller
    @MS Is 34.8 at the gates something different? I just have Rev R, never use plus settings and boat has always been about 34.8 at the gates.
    Glad to see you're showing love for ZO. :smile:
    Drago
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 899 Crazy Baller
    34.8 gate entry speed implies 1.6% above baseline which is consistent with the old rev R+ parameter.
    rev R (+ off) should be gate entry 0.8% above baseline speed.