Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stokes Vests Unboxing 2019

HortonHorton Posts: 27,606 Administrator
Looking for a healthy snack? Try SuperFat

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

skigirlballsohardMikeLakeboyWWK

Comments

• MuskokaKyMuskokaKy Posts: 294 Baller
    @Horton , i hear nothing but positive things about the stokes evo. I don't have a stokes dealer close by and I usually take a medium vest; however i read stokes can fit a little small ( this was in regards to their wet suits to be honest), and wasn't sure what your thoughts were on that? What size is yours? my guess is i'm one size larger.

Thanks,
    Ky
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,606 Administrator
    I am 183ish 5'9 and wear XL in everything.

@Thomasasher

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

MuskokaKy
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 318 Solid Baller
    I just got the Evo 2 L, M was too tight. I am 6'2" 41' chest and 172 - 174 weight
    I looooove my vest after 5 years wearing a slasher O'Neill
    MuskokaKyScarletArrow
  • waterskicoreywaterskicorey Posts: 129 Baller
    Does anyone know the difference between the Stokes Nitro 2.0 and the original Nitro vest?
  • MuskokaKyMuskokaKy Posts: 294 Baller
    Thanks @chris55 , that pretty much answers it for me. I figured I was going to be a large. I'm 6' ,40" chest and 172lbs. and I am looking at the evo 2.

Thanks Ballers
  • PacManPacMan Posts: 64 Baller
    @waterskicorey the material they make the vest out of is the main difference. It's much more "slick" than the v1 so your arms won't chafe on the vest while skiing. I have one and love it but fyi they do run small. I just emailed Stokes with my size and asked what they suggested.
    If your not having fun your not doing it right.
    MuskokaKy
  • ThomasasherThomasasher Posts: 43 Baller
    Hey @MuskokaKy, your chest size being 40" I would suggest going with a large, the material we have is very stretchy but will always go back to its original shape, you'll never end up with a loose fitting vest.

@waterskicorey we changed the base material on the vest to be a bit more durable. The padding we incorporated a super slick material so their is no restriction on your arms when attacking the course. Its a super comfortable vest with great durability, and mobility. If you have more Q's feel free to contact us, details are on the website. stokesskis.com. Thankyou and have a great day.

Thomas Asher
    MuskokaKyMattPjipster43ScarletArrow
  • ScotChipman1ScotChipman1 Posts: 44 Baller
    Love my Medium EVO 2 vest which is still in great shape after two years of use.

@Thomasasher how much thicker is the padding on the Blue Steel?
    ⇨ President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    ⇨ Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
    ⇨ My Instagram page, Facebook page
    Hey @ScotChipman1 great you really like our EVO 2 vest. The Blue Steel is the same thickness in padding and the sizing is identical. The base material is probably a little bit softer and the padding is perhaps a little smoother than the evo 2 lessening any arm chaffing. Its a really comfortable vest whilst still providing the durability, floatation and protection we want from an impact vest

Hope that helps.

Thomas Asher
    ScotChipman1
  • waterskicoreywaterskicorey Posts: 129 Baller
    Thanks @Thomasasher I have the original Nitro and I love it, so I wasn’t sure how you could improve on it, best vest I have ever had
    MuskokaKy
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,108 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Stokes vests and wetsuits ROCK.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • JASJAS Posts: 249 Solid Baller
    I’ve heard vests run small. Are nitro vests available in 3xl?
    Hey @JAS we only have them up to Size XXL but the NITRO 2.0 is a little more forgiving than the previous version. We also upped the sizing so the vest runs a little bigger. We do have XXXL in our EVO2 slalom vest though which is a great option.
    @Thomasasher What are main differences between evo2 and nitro 2. Thanks
    Hey @JAS the NITRO has a slicker material covering the padding of the vest and also a more aggressive grade to stop Arm chafing and bunching. The jacket is also 1/2" shorter than the EVO2. The material is very stretchy but not fragile.

Take nothing away from the EVO2 though, the vest is fantastic also, providing padding, protection, and flotation. If you take a big crash in this vest you'll pop up and the padding won't shift or move around due to the pinched stitching keeping the padding in place. Incredibly durable vest.

@Horton i know really likes his EVO2 as do many others.

If you need more details or a better explanation give me a shout between 9 & 5 EST,

Thanks

Thomas Asher
    jipster43
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,606 Administrator
    EVO2 is awesome! Nothing but love for the blue vest too.

@Thomasasher is flotation about the same?
    i would say the EVO2 floats a little better than the NITRO 2.0, but both float well, your looking at your shoulders poking out the water which is good for a comp impact vest.
    KRoundy
  • kckc Posts: 130 Baller
    @Thomasasher Will you be selling the vests at the US nationals in West Palm in a few weeks? I’m interested in getting one, but I thought I could wait till then and save on shipping if so.