Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Needing a new propeller

SkibumOSUSkibumOSU Posts: 7 Baller
The propeller on my team's 2011 Centurion Carbon Pro has some dings in it, so I am planning on ordering a new propeller for the boat and fixing the current one to use as a spare. Unfortunately, I don't really know much about boat propellers. I was just going to buy the same prop that was currently on our boat, but I can't find one that has both the same diameter and pitch (4 blade OJ 13.0 x 14.5). One site recommended an ACME 537 4 blade (13.5 x 16) for the carbon pro when waterskiing or barefooting, but that seems like it will be a big change.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which prop will make the pull most similar to those of the Big Three in tournaments? Any suggestions are welcome and very appreciated!

Make: Centurion
Model: Carbon Pro
Year: 2011
Current Propeller: 4 blade OJ 13.0 x 14.5

Thank you!

Comments

• GloersenGloersen Posts: 899 Crazy Baller
    edited June 3
    AWSA approved (formerly) Carbon Pro props
    OJ 534 4 13 x 14.5 Nibral
    OJ 909 4 13.9 x 14.25 Nibral
    OJ 365 3 14 x 13 Nibral
    Many prefer the 3-blade.
    SkibumOSUScarletArrow
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,155 Mega Baller
    Acme 537 was standard-issue v-drive prop for many years with the gear reduction those ran. Your Carbon Pro will be noticeably slower out of the hole and might not make the revs (or torque) you're used to which will throw your ZO settings a bit out of whack.

Eric at OJ or Bill at Acme are both super helpful though. I'd recommend making some calls.
    SkibumOSUCent
  • MJEMJE Posts: 116 Baller
    edited June 3
    ACME 1579 4 Blade (13.5" x 14.25) would be closer to your current prop than the 537.
    SkibumOSU
  • SkibumOSUSkibumOSU Posts: 7 Baller
    Thank you all!
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,629 Mega Baller
    edited June 4
    I will say, Eric @ OJ is both helpful and will usually fix your old prop to like new for free if you buy from him.
    Bill22
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,585 Crazy Baller
    I don’t have a Carbon Pro but like @BraceMaker said Eric fixed my old OJ prop for free. I’d call him.
    In gear. Hit It. Thank You!
  • Moskier3evMoskier3ev Posts: 168 Baller
    I have a 3 blade centurion prop I will sell for $200.
    PM me if interested.
    UWSkier
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,155 Mega Baller
    That's a solid deal!
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,968 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Somebody used to sell a gizmo that you put under a press to straighten out props , I do not know if that is still out there.

When The Going Gets Tough, Just Do Less !