Futher of ski cores

JoelhJoelh Posts: 19 Baller
Now that radar has brought out a PMI core will that mean that other ski brands will follow suit. Or will it remain exclusive to radar skis
TFisherThan_Bogan

Comments

• Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,862 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    World Record and many Podiums with non PMI core.

"Another Ball Bites The Dust”

• BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,300 Mega Baller
    What's the best tournament score on the vapor pro build so far to date?

What about the best on a Vapor non pro build?
    ozski
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,813 Mega Baller
    @Stevie Boy that doesn't mean there shouldn't be progression. At one point there were World Records and many podiums with non-carbon skis. I am not saying that the PMI core is the next thing but I would expect there will be one at some point.
    Mark Shaffer
    @lpskier you are older than I am my brain doesn't always go that far back :smile: I did actually learn to run the course as a kid on a Northland Bantam and remember my Dad skiing on a Maha. I still have a Maha high wrap in my basement but I haven't been tempetd to ski on it.
    Mark Shaffer
  • CentCent Posts: 129 Baller
    I still have my fathers 57 year old Maherajah. Took it out for a ski two summers ago.
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,862 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited June 5
    @Chef23 we are experiencing some great performing skis right now, probably one of the greatest eras in our sport, I am not sure the equipment comes into the equasion, its more about the individual standing on it, yes we can embrace new materials, but is it humanly possible for the Pros to push the boundary any further and would different materials play a part, the Pros already take my breath away they are extrodinary to say the least.

"Another Ball Bites The Dust”

@Stevie Boy it has always been about the guy standing on the ski. That doesn’t change the search for better technology.
    Mark Shaffer
    Than_Boganigkyaballsohard
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,415 Mega Baller
    What is PMI and why,or is,it better?
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
    9400Rednucleusskialex
  • coach3coach3 Posts: 55 Baller
    @Chris Rossi Is the Lithium a bit softer flex than the PB Vapor?
  • gsm_petergsm_peter Posts: 722 Crazy Baller
    @Chris Rossi
    Maybe a bit off toppic.
    Is it only the skis?
    What is your view on the scores versus small soft low floating turballs?
    Life is too short not to enjoy every day!
  • Chris RossiChris Rossi Posts: 277 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @coach3 the skis are built to the same flex numbers. @gsm_peter anything that helps inspire confidence can lead to higher scores. I don't notice much with buoys but others are very sensitive to them. That being said, I have been buying Wally buoys recently.
    gsm_peterart90notchballsohard