2018 Evo settings

Steven_HainesSteven_Haines Posts: 1,005 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
I’m wondering what the consensus is for settings on the Evo. I just picked up a 68 and only have a few rides on it. Typically I like a short deep fin. What are others riding this ski liking?

Comments

• Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 1,981
    I found Long/Shallow to work best on the EVO and NRG. Mine are 7.010 2.449 .780 and 7 degrees on the wing. I did add 2 washers for my onside turn which decreased that side by .030. Left side if R-Foot Forward...These same settings also worked great for the CG Fin. Only change there was DFT to .785.

Loving the new ZO Rev. S Plus Mode C3+
    Steven_Haines
  • Steven_HainesSteven_Haines Posts: 1,005 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Thanks @Ed_Johnson , I’m using the CG on it as well. So far the ski doesn’t really be affected by fin movements much. Everything that I’ve done leaves the tail of the ski too locked in. Where are you placing your boots?
  • skibrainskibrain Posts: 44 Baller
    edited June 6
    My 67 feels much better to me with bindings BACK from stock .5” Feels more nimble. Rotates/turns quicker. Best with weight forward and ski still feels stable and finishes with tip down.

2.45/6.94/.737
    Steven_Hainesmmosley899
    Thanks @skibrain , I haven’t tried boots back yet. Currently I’m 1/8 forward. Maybe I’ll move the boots back before messing with the fin
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 464 Crazy Baller
    Move back 1/8 to 1/4 from stock. It will come alive.
    Steven_Haines
    @Steven_Haines I tried stock, .25 forward, stock, .25 back, now .5 back. I also bought a microjust and may fine tune or go back forward a bit at some point. It seemed counter-intuitive to me until I read some of SkiJays posts on getting the right amount of smear.
    Steven_Haines
    edited June 6
    @Steven_Haines .... Right now I have the Whisper Fin on, so the boots are Full Forward to the stop, while I adjust the fin for smear.

That also seems to work just fine for the CG Fin also. I need to do a little grinding on the CG Fin to get the DFT to .800, then I will put it back on for a while.

Steven_Haines
    @Ed_Johnson do you have the WFin on EVO or NRG? I know you have/have had both.
    Steven_Haines
    edited June 6
    @skibrain ... Right now on the NRG, however, when tuning both, I found the settings for both to be virtually identical. I am looking at changing to the New EVO, just waiting for @Performance to get a EVO 68" Demo, and a 68" NRG R1 Demo.

From what I have heard, D3 has added some attributes of the NRG to the EVO, and attributes of the EVO to the new NRG. The only way to figure this out would be to try both. They told me today at Performance, they are selling them as fast as they come in. They only had one 67" EVO there, and no new NRG R1. Business must be really going well at D3, since @Performance is one of their top dealers. Which makes sense, since they are the BEST out there. When it comes to service, there is NOBODY better !!!

Steven_Haines
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 555 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @Steven_Haines I am still loving my 2018 67” EVO, boots at 29.875, 6.935, 2.425, .750, 7 degree wing. Not far off of factory for long and shallow.
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller
    Steven_Haines
    I guess that I need to go back towards factory and move the boots back