Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wakeye App - records in slow motion

JohnCoxJohnCox Posts: 357 Crazy Baller
For some reason, my wakeye is recording everything in slow motion, and I can’t find any way to change that. Can someone help??
Mapple T2
www.mappleskis.com
JWebSki

Comments

• whitecapswhitecaps Posts: 32 Baller
    Same here??? I thought it might be because I increased frames per second to 120 vs 60 but I dont know for sure if that had anything to do with it, nor why it should??
  • customskicustomski Posts: 83 Baller
    I had trouble too, dropping it back to 60fps fixed it.
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,452 Crazy Baller
    edited June 8
    I hoping the Wakeye folks will soon have a stripped down app that simply uses the auto on/off based on speed. Letting users have full control of their device's native video settings.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,391 Mega Baller
    If you record 120 fps and then play it back at 60 fps (which many players assume), then it will be half speed!

There's really no such thing as recording in slow motion. It's all just frames per second at record time and at play time.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    DragoTom351customski
  • mfjaegersrmfjaegersr Posts: 129 Baller
    Aaaand....120 FPS provides allegedly smoother motion handling given twice as many ‘pictures’ per second. Expect larger file sizes as a result.
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 661 Crazy Baller
    edited June 8
    Deleted
  • ScotChipman1ScotChipman1 Posts: 44 Baller
    @Jibbo can help if he sees this thread.
    ⇨ President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    ⇨ Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
    ⇨ My Instagram page, Facebook page
  • JibboJibbo Posts: 131 Water Ski Industry Professional

When choosing 120fps or 240fps the Wakeye app saves the recorded video into your iPhone Library (because of the size of file)
    If you choose the video, select edit and drag the scroll bar completely to the beginning of the bar. The video will now play the full video at normal speed.
    This is just what the iPhone camera library app does to the video. Nothing the Wakeye app can do about it.

The scroll bar allows you to choose where you may want to have slow motion in your video, very useful tool.
    Dacon62
    @Jibbo Can you add the option to use the front facing camera for Android?
  • Tom351Tom351 Posts: 105 Baller
    @ScotChipman1 - You will probably lose a lot of resolution, frame rate, and overall video quality if you were to us the front camera.
    @Tom351 possibly but the option is available now on iPhone and the overall video quality is better when shot with the front facing camera on the newer iPhones. When the front facing camera is used you don't get the rolling shutter effect that you get with the rear facing camera.
    Tom351
  • Tom351Tom351 Posts: 105 Baller
    @ScotChipman1 interesting...I did not know that about the new iPhone.