New Intergalactic Record?

HortonHorton Posts: 26,727 Administrator
My best score last weekend was 101 balls and my worst was .5 balls. That puts my delta at 100.5.

Beat that!

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★ D3 ★ DBSkis ★ Fin Whisper ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Jody_SealJordan

Comments

• 6balls6balls Posts: 4,982 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Hell always wanted to avg over 100...my best year did so. Keep after it!
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • HortonHorton Posts: 26,727 Administrator
    @6balls it is the .5 I am proud of

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

That's some good stuff @Drago ! Knocking on wood I've never missed a tourney opener...have come close!
    @drago is King

• DragoDrago Posts: 1,394 Mega Baller
    I just looked it up and I “misremembered “.
    3 rounder;
    0, 98, 109
    I like the zero, but always wanted to score a 1/4. 1/2 is impressive....
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,410 Mega Baller
    edited June 10
    Not to throw anybody under the bus, but I can recall a score from last year at a premier event of [email protected] at 36 mph followed by a zero in the subsequent event just about an hour later.

Full disclosure: there were also extenuating circumstances of a lumens-related variety.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    edited June 10
    So maybe I have a men's 4 record but clearly but not intergalactic record. Needless to say I'm pretty proud of my half ball score

MISkier
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,245 Mega Baller
    @6balls How is that possible!? I assumed everyone had missed an opener at SOME point!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    John Brooks
    @Than_Bogan until this weekend I don't think I had missed an opener in 30 years

• DragoDrago Posts: 1,394 Mega Baller
    I do think there’s a difference btwn missing a gate and actually making the gate but scoring <1. 1/4 ,imho, would be the Ultimate Non-Extra Credit, the 1/2 is still quite an “accomplishment “
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
    Horton
    1/4 on opener would be next level.

Drago
  • Not_The_PugNot_The_Pug Posts: 568 Solid Baller
    I'm in the club for 1/2 on opener, it was a few years ago. Scored 99 in first round and 1/2 in second. Was sitting in the water wondering what just happened.
    Now that I jog my memory...I once missed an opener but I went out at 35 off, 36 mph into a brutal headwind. Most skiers scratched but I was like I paid my entry, I'm skiing 3 rounds.

It was white capping on the near end the hope was get thru the first half of the course and the second half would be ok...just pull like hell and let the wind put on the brakes. I missed that one. Geez the ski was slapping in the gate glide. One thing for sure...I'm usually entertaining....good for crazy scrambles, broken ropes, hanging onto crazy shit and some pretty interesting crashes. It's all the same in the score book...just get around those buoys!

If memory serves Overbye went off the dock at 34 mph 35 off that day and ran it.