Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 CARBON PRO WHAT ARE THESE BOATS LIKE

bananaronbananaron Posts: 301 Crazy Baller
Hey ballers I am looking at a 2014 carbon pro and I need some feedback on the boat.I owned a GEKKO GTR for many yrs and since have had and skied Malibu lxi,lX MC 190,197 and CC 196.I am curious how this boat compares on the wake and pull.I recall many ballers rave about the wake on the carbon pro.Any input would be appreciated as this might be my final boat before I go to water ski heaven......THX
Ron Engblom Brainerd lakes,minnesota

Comments

• MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,547 Mega Baller
    Always liked the wake and 6.0L pull. 34 mph and 36 mph. 22 off through 32 off.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,546 Mega Baller
    I always liked the CP pull.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,606 Administrator
    tiny wakes
    Looking for a healthy snack? Try SuperFat

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 604 Crazy Baller
    Great ski tug for slalom, jump and footing, not the greatest trick wake. Our ski partner liked ours so much he bought one too! As has been stated it's the basic CB tournament boat that everyone said they want, but no one bought.
    If it was a promo boat it probably is equipped with a slick bimini, heater as well as heated seats for driver and observers...... Probably too 'Cushy' of a boat for @bananaron You don't want to be called the "P-word" :D
    thager
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,581 Mega Baller
    I skied well at tournaments with them. I did ski behind an early one that had a good size bump at 22 off. They're going to be harder to drive.
    Hockdog
  • lkblkb Posts: 580 Baller
    I ski behind a 17. Easy to drive. Feels great to ski behind.
  • oldmanskieroldmanskier Posts: 146 Baller
    I have a 2014 CP with PMC 5.7 Excalibur engine.
    It is a great Slalom boat and the only boat that the 22 off wake does not hurt my bone on bone arthritic ankle ankle
    Shell
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,954 Mega Baller
    It drives a little better than a Response LX with better wakes and ZO. They are nice boats for slalom.
    Mark Shaffer
  • bananaronbananaron Posts: 301 Crazy Baller
    @RAWSki LOL...Yes you are right I don't want to be called the p-word.If I do buy one where do I get the hood ornament that you have?? It sure looks nice!!
    aupatking
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,108 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @chef23 that is a very useful description.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    Chef23
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,254 Mega Baller
    @bananaron we all ask that question
  • John BrooksJohn Brooks Posts: 361 Crazy Baller
    @bananaron I have a 2015 CP with 6 liter, great boat, great wakes for slalom and drives great. I believe one of the best boats ever built. Mine has a single puck ZO and recently upgraded to Rev S.
    RAWSkiShell
  • DWDW Posts: 2,010 Mega Baller
    edited July 9
    @bananaron : note the skiers patch, pic at Vail on his 100th bday...

That CP may not be your last handle puller...

@DW Hey I hope you are right.I am doing fine so far and plan to keep going.That is fantastic to downhill at 100 yrs old at Vail.That area is beautiful and a great place to go anytime of the yr.........
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,281 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Still running ours-best slalom boat for the money by far
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    lkbbishop8950
    Anybody familiar with skihards 2014 carbon pro.Boat is in Rosharon,TX.Anyone know Rod or the boat......THX
  • CentCent Posts: 171 Baller
    I use a 2017CP with 6.0. Great boat. Does exactly what they designed it to do.
    lkb
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,581 Mega Baller
    edited July 9
    I skied Rod's boat a few years ago. Seemed fine. Nice guy sure he'll be straight with you about the boat.

As far as driving I was comparing it to the gtr. They track they're on rails. My tournament PB was on a Carbon Pro at one of Horton's tournament.
  • Fam-manFam-man Posts: 188 Baller
    @bananaron I skied that boat with Rod a couple seasons ago. It skied very well, pull was good and wakes were minimal. Compared to other boat I've skied I felt no wake disturbance at 15 off 30&32 mph and 22 off @ 30mph. Comparison is based on 98 & 04 SN196 with PP, SN206 & 12 TXI with Z.O.
    Condition and mechanics of the boat all seemed very good. As @gregy said Rod's a great guy and will be straight about the boat.