Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diagnose my perfect pass problem

WBLskierWBLskier Posts: 460 Baller
I will call perfect pass support too, but please help me figure out this issue. My head unit powers off and back on every time I hit a wave. I have checked the ground (which goes straight to the negative battery terminal). It was a little loose so i thought that was the problem but it is now tight so that is not it.

I had a broken positive battery terminal connector, so I figured that being loose was the problem. I replaced that and it is not it.

No other electrical gauges are having a problem. I have not looked at the power connection yet as it is a little harder to get to, but that is my next guess. But before I do that does anyone have any suggestions?

For background, the system has worked flawlessly for 2+ years and just recently it started doing this and the problem, while somewhat intermittent, appears to be related to the boat hitting waves/bouncing and is occurring more often. Thanks.

Comments

• UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,175 Mega Baller
    Pull and re-seat all the connections at the master module. Ensure they're all "clicked in." On my 6.5 MM, I had a connector with a broken retaining clip. Those can get old and crack over time. Maybe put a tiny dab of dielectric grease on each pin before reconnecting being careful not to short pins together.
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 546 Crazy Baller
    Personally, I also gave PP a dedicated power supply. Battery to key-on relay and a solid ground make PP rock solid power wise.
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,175 Mega Baller
    Same here. Fused positive to relay under dash on key switched power. Negative straight to battery ground. System is loving good clean power.
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 833 Crazy Baller
    3rd on a direct power source!! for PP Z box works great