Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Regina Jaquess New World Women’s Slalom Record Approved

HortonHorton Posts: 27,426 Administrator
edited July 18 in News & Other Stuff
18th July 2019

The IWWF World Waterski Council has approved Regina Jaquess New Women's Slalom Record 4.5 buoys @ 10.25 metres set on 6th July 2019 at Lymand Land USA Duncanville, Alabama.

click here for video
http://www.iwsf.com/RecordApplications/[email protected]/Reg 41 3.5 7-6-19.mp4

Regina, the current IWWF Women's World Waterski Champion and has broken the last four world records.

2012-06-17 Regina Jaquess USA [email protected]/55 Cedar Ridge Early Record 2 Canton, MS USA

2014-06-07 Regina Jaquess USA [email protected] Big Dawg Warm-up 1 Cedar Ridge Lake, Canton, MS USA

2016-11-05 Regina Jaquess USA 3.5/10.25/55 Isles Junior Invitational Isles of Lake Hancock Ski Club, Winter Garden, FL USA

2018-07-16 Regina Jaquess USA [email protected]/55 July Heat Isles of Lake Hancock, Winter Garden, FL USA

Source
http://iwwf.sport/regina-jaquess-new-womens-slalom-record-4-5-10-25-metres-approved/

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

jercraneBlueSkiReggieOGloersenrobmollysilverlakeScottScottBill22JordanWaterSkier12TELAlvin_NeffnikandsteveDWGWaterskiXR6HurricaneDaveD

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 27,426 Administrator

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

UWSkierski6jones
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 537 Crazy Baller
    That is why she is my favorite skier to watch.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,393 Mega Baller
    edited July 18
    Regina -- Thanks for setting a WR on my birthday!

Almost a footnote to some incredible skiing, but that is one sweet boat path! Who's the driver? Huge kudos to him/her!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    Keith Menard
  • JayproJaypro Posts: 284 Crazy Baller
    Is Regina the most dominant skier, male or female, that we have ever seen?
    ReggieO
  • DanEDanE Posts: 872 Crazy Baller

• Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 537 Crazy Baller
    @Jaypro I am not sure how you could argue she isn't...

The Tom Brady of waterskiing :)
    @Jaypro The only other person even in the discussion for "most domination vs. peers" is Andy Mapple. Hard to choose between those two, but I am definitely starting to lean toward Regina!
    The_MSliquid dKeith Menard
  • 75Tique75Tique Posts: 59 Baller
    My all time favorite training/inspiration video. My contention, I think probably pretty much broadly shared, is that great women skiers are probably better form skiers than men, since men can rely more on their strength to muscle through the course.
    youtube.com/watch?v=PMdba6f_cho
    “So, how was your weekend?”
    “Well, let me see…sun burn, stiff neck, screwed up back, assorted aches and pains….yup, my weekend was great, thanks for asking.”
    jercranepowbmps
  • jercranejercrane Posts: 252 Solid Baller
    edited July 18
    @75Tique yes! I think I have watched that like 107 times by now and freeze framed every meter of the course

Given I am "not tall" I much prefer getting technique inspiration from Regina than the big boys like CP.
    Keith Menard
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,454 Crazy Baller
    Awesome skiing for sure! It was awesome standing on the shoreline at Lymanland watching Regina ski all weekend, especially her 4-1/[email protected] and [email protected] (two different drivers).
    I had already seen the boat path video for the 4-1/[email protected] This video was the basis for my comments in the other thread that the prop wash in this video never comes close to touching any boat guides, versus the screenshots from somewhere else that were posted by @Horton that showed the prop wash bouncing from left boat guide to right boat guide to left boat guide, and so on - with the skier. No zig-zagging here.
    @jayski In the other thread, that opinion was clearly disagreed with. Yes, pylon matters.
    But, prop wash IS an indication of boat path. And, prop wash engulfing boat guides and swapping side to side with the skier is not good driving. Or, not the best driving.
    MISkierHortonmatthewbrown
  • LarsLars Posts: 156 Baller
    Is it just me or does it look like she is narrow on 5?

Wrong frame. Advance to frame to show front boot and buoy. She got it. 4-1/2.
    Hm. Should I quit my current life and instead follow Regina around so that I can be there when she runs the whole damn pass?
    ReggieOKeith Menard
    @Than_Bogan. It's coming!
    Bill22
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,102 Mega Baller
    Prop wash without the pylon video is meaningless. In her case (and most high end skiers), if your prop wash is not getting blown to the bouy side, then you have let the boat get pulled to the bouy side.
    DanEski6jonessantangeloAndre
  • EricKelleyEricKelley Posts: 279 Crazy Baller
    Great skiing. Unbelievable. Good driving Lyman. I call 4 though. I am part Russian.
  • paul413skipaul413ski Posts: 167 Baller
    What a skier
  • ballsohardballsohard Posts: 253 Baller
    How many WR's has Chad pulled?
    Cnewbert
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,426 Administrator
    10 consecutive I think

ballsohard
  • lkblkb Posts: 580 Baller
    How is the end course video actually evaluated to see if it’s in tolerance?
    MISkier
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 1,032 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    10.25? Oh 41 off. Ok that makes sense.
    Keith Menard
  • EricKelleyEricKelley Posts: 279 Crazy Baller
    Got clarification that the video posted does not include the frame where 5 ball is in between the bindings. When video is viewed at more frames per second the video shows the ball inside ski. That girl is tough.
    Lars
    @Booze Regina acknowledged that the dock starter gave her the confidence she needed to run it.
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 796 Crazy Baller
    Looked pretty close as to whether she got back in the buoy line, with line control. Surprised they gave her 4 1/2. 4 1/4 would have still been a new record.

As good as Whitney and Manon are, makes Reginas dominance that much more impressive.
    Hortondthate